Racism at Yorkshire CCC

Legalise Lizzy reporting that the compensation payments will amount to approximately £1.9m. I'll guarantee that ECB will fund that out of the share payout to the counties meaning each county will be £100k short on their grant.

Legalise Lizzy reporting that the compensation payments will amount to approximately £1.9m. I'll guarantee that ECB will fund that out of the share payout to the counties meaning each county will be £100k short on their grant.
I bet they don't. This is an employment tribunal entirely of YCCC making and the judgement is made against YCCC as the employer. They will or should have indemnity in place for this type of eventuality and will come from that or someone at YCC will have to find it down the back of the sofa

I bet they don't. This is an employment tribunal entirely of YCCC making and the judgement is made against YCCC as the employer. They will or should have indemnity in place for this type of eventuality and will come from that or someone at YCC will have to find it down the back of the sofa
1st I've heard of that possibility. Indemnity against admittedly acting illlegally?

Disgraceful sacking the coaching and medical staff en masse ... many of whom were longstanding and loyal employees. They were simply used as (wrongly) scapegoats for the ineptitude of the Yorkshire County Cricket Club CEO and board members who should have dealt with any discrimination that went on. It was also to try and give the world the impression that it was a clean slate (and particularly to the ECB so that they could get Test matches back at Headingley - which they did of course).

Inevitably this is now coming back to bite YCCC financially and reputationally (as if that can get any worse).

The payouts for loss of earnings and personal reputational damage to these individuals will be very significant, and rightly so.

Typically the ECB (almost as clueless as YCCC) have instructed Gale to partake in the ECB disciplinary process (hearings are due to start soon) ... presumably on the back of the YCCC sackings - no wonder he has told them he won't be participating.

It's a pity this hasn't had even 1% of the publicity the discrimination case has had.
Aye Patel seems to have thought it was open season at Yorkshire. Looks like he was wrong 👍

They're just taking the piss now. VACANCY: YCCC has an exciting opportunity for a Safeguarding Officer to join our team, reporting into the Director of People and Culture #OneRose

"You couldn't make it up!"

I would like to have been a fly on the wall when they discussed what to include in the "Person Spec" for applicants for that post!

I must confess I haven't the foggiest what "safeguarding" is, but if it is that's fair enough
In schools terms it's making sure processes are in place and operating to prevent and deal with incidents where kids come to harm. Covers discrimination, bullying, grooming, child abuse, will make sure checks are made when appointing staff who will interact with children or vulnerable adults etc. So if a company has any children or vulnerable people involved it's a critical, important role.

Back