Racism at Yorkshire CCC

Lancs v yorkshire final they want

potential for bother on the day if they both get there
Would be an absolute disaster and ruin the spirit of finals day even if they were both there and didnt end up playing each other, especially as it isnt football season and a load of Leeds fans with no interest in cricket would go.

Usually a great festive and good natured occasion

Last edited:

Would be an absolute disaster and ruin the spirit of finals day even if they were both there and didnt end up playing each other, especially as it isnt football season and a load of Leeds fans with no interest in cricket would go.

Usually a great festive and good natured occasion
Agreed. All to be seen though during the week

It's the YPL play off final at Headingley this Sunday. I'd love to go but will only fancy a beer or a few once I'm there, the proceeds from which will probably go to Yorkshire. Shame it's not at some club ground somewhere as I've enjoyed club cricket this year

Disgraceful sacking the coaching and medical staff en masse ... many of whom were longstanding and loyal employees. They were simply used as (wrongly) scapegoats for the ineptitude of the Yorkshire County Cricket Club CEO and board members who should have dealt with any discrimination that went on. It was also to try and give the world the impression that it was a clean slate (and particularly to the ECB so that they could get Test matches back at Headingley - which they did of course).

Inevitably this is now coming back to bite YCCC financially and reputationally (as if that can get any worse).

The payouts for loss of earnings and personal reputational damage to these individuals will be very significant, and rightly so.

Typically the ECB (almost as clueless as YCCC) have instructed Gale to partake in the ECB disciplinary process (hearings are due to start soon) ... presumably on the back of the YCCC sackings - no wonder he has told them he won't be participating.

It's a pity this hasn't had even 1% of the publicity the discrimination case has had.

Back