Racism at Yorkshire CCC

Up to @TheRey s lads to do the job and save the integrity of the game, I believe they play Yorkshire in the QF
Has anyone actually said exactly what the punishment was for?

Last edited:
Up to @TheRey s lads to do the job and save the integrity of the game, I believe they play Yorkshire in the QF
Has anyone actually said exactly what the punishment was for?
Apparently a Foxes player screamed in the face of an opponent after a wicket. That's it.

Just got banned from the County Cricket Matters Facebook page for arguing that being a county of racist shitcunts is worse than a bit of a sendoff. Fuckers running the page obviously don't agree 🤦

Last edited:
Apparently a Foxes player screamed in the face of an opponent after a wicket. That's it.

Just got banned from the County Cricket Matters Facebook page for arguing that being a county of racist shitcunts is worse than a bit of a sendoff. Fuckers running the page obviously don't agree 🤦
I stay well away from such platforms. WhatsApp for my mates and that's it

Found it

two full tosses and Aaron Lilly abusing Jimmy neesham

I mean come on

A statement confirmed: "The sanction is imposed immediately to Leicestershire's 2022 Vitality Blast points total after the club incurred two further fixed penalties during their home match against Northamptonshire Steelbacks on Friday night.

"The CDC's decision follows the sanction it imposed on Leicestershire on 2 August 2021, after the club had received six fixed penalties for breaches of ECB Directive 3.6 from the period 2 August 2020 and 1 July 2021 and the subsequent hearing on 3 September 2021 after Leicestershire incurred a further fixed penalty point after the 2 August 2021 decision.

"On 2 August 2021 the CDC imposed the sanction on the club as follows: 'Subject to the over-riding discretion of the panel, should there be one or more fixed penalty issued to a Leicestershire player within 12 months of this hearing, the club will be deducted either 12 LV= County Championship points (or equivalent), two Royal London Cup points (or equivalent) or two Vitality Blast points (or equivalent). The more serious the breach or breaches, the more likely it is that points will be deducted'.

"On 3 September following the further fixed penalty the CDC decision stated: 'If there are any further breaches at any level on or before 1 August 2022, a points deduction will almost certainly be an inevitable consequence'

Last edited:
Found it

two full tosses and Aaron Lilly abusing Jimmy neesham

I mean come on
I say this as a fan of a "favoured" County - there is no way this sanction would've been applied had it been a Yorkshire player, and cost them a place in the QF.

Disgrace

I say this as a fan of a "favoured" County - there is no way this sanction would've been applied had it been a Yorkshire player, and cost them a place in the QF.

Disgrace
Agreed. Though there is a bit more in the statement released about previous offences

two full tosses though. I mean really you get the boot for that ?

they probably had about 12 runs scored off them

I don't particularly like send offs or players acting the prick on the field but compared to what Yorkshire did its nothing
This is what annoys me. It sends out a message that systemic racism, and bullying players out of the game, is preferable to the ECB than things getting heated on the field and a couple of full tosses.

When you consider the Test that Yorkshire hosted last week, it's an utter f***ing disgrace.

As Neesham walked off, Arron Lilley ran up from the leg-side to remonstrate with him and had to be pushed away by Taylor with the umpire, Russell Warren, also intervening. The umpires, Warren and Richard Illingworth, then had further words with Leicestershire's captain, Colin Ackermann. Leicestershire won the match by one run.

cricinfo

Naveen-ul-Haq, the Afghanistan fast bowler, also fell foul of the disciplinary board. He was removed from the attack with one ball of his spell remaining after bowling full-tosses above waist high in the penultimate over.

The playing conditions in the Blast rule that two beamers in a spell must not just bring automatic removal from the attack, but also an automatic disciplinary offence with the umpires having no discretion as to whether they are either dangerous or deliberate. There was no show of dissent after the decision. Footage of the match suggests that Leicestershire accepted the decision with good grace. With bowlers heavily reliant upon slower balls of various types to combat a batter-dominated game, the double punishment is far from universally poular.

A Foxes statement said: "Leicestershire has worked tirelessly to improve on-field discipline following two previous hearings in 2021 and did not incur any fixed penalties during the first half of the current season.

"It was therefore requested for the improvement in behaviour to be considered in mitigation, but based on previous stipulations the CDC has decided to apply the sanction immediately, with no right to appeal the decision."

Leicestershire appealed for the ECB to impose the points penalty deduction next season, but the ECB disciplinary committee felt that previous decisions did not allow such a leeway. Sean Jarvis, Leicestershire's chief executive, who has worked unflaggingly to attract crowds back to the Uptonsteel ground this summer, now finds what was the most significant match of the season rendered meaningless.

Last edited:
There absolutely should be punishment for abuse on the field, I can't stand it and there's no need. But once again the FTECB, having failed to deal with Yorkshire, are digging themselves into a massive hole

Yorkshire will also be severely weakened in their last-eight tie. David Willey, Dawid Malan and Harry Brook have all been called up for white-ball duties by England and Finn Allen is expected to join New Zealand in Ireland. It would be quite a surprise - although, in theory perfectly possible - if Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow made themselves available after the India Test.

totting up over a period of time. Laughable that it’s enacted on the day of a knockout game for leicester and yorkshire

They carried on like thst against us last season (and Eckersley did the same back) and no punishment. I presume it was the culmination of several events, but doing it in such a way that Yorkshire progressed and Leicestershire didn't is dodgy as fuck. ECB need investigating for lack of impartiality by the DCMS.

Back