Racism at Yorkshire CCC

They've already made a decision by charging him bringing the game into disrepute all at the same time he's won an unfair dismissal case from his employer. If the fella has no faith in them, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to not want to engage with them.
Also worth noting Gale has been cleared twice l, once by a law firm and the other an independent panel.... ECB charged him without investigating
If you were accused of something and you lost a job, would you not partake in any employment tribunal?

the FTECB are having an investigation, they want evidence. Now gale claiming total innocence is saying he will give none. Not a word

You think that’s a good way of behaving? Saying nowt and hoping it all goes away.

Do you believe there has been zero racism at Yorkshire as gale is alluding to clearly and therefore nothing should have happened and Rafiq dismissed and ignored?

Now I’m leaving it at that, as I’m not going over this all again

I know where you stand on these matters and that’s down to your conscience and I hope you don’t suffer any abuse in the future

Finished.

Terrible from Gale, he might as well have just put out a statement saying I am a racist.

To not defend yourself, irrespective of the idiotic ECB is absolutely dreadful.

It troubles me (taking his statement at face value) that his legal costs are to be met be him. All seems a bit woolly

Terrible from Gale, he might as well have just put out a statement saying I am a racist.

To not defend yourself, irrespective of the idiotic ECB is absolutely dreadful.

It troubles me (taking his statement at face value) that his legal costs are to be met be him. All seems a bit woolly
Some effort from him to make himself look worse than Vaughan this week, but he's managed it.

How can the ECB charge someone with bringing the game into disrepute without investigating?

Because that’s what sporting governing bodies do 🤷‍♂️

You’re confusing sporting governance with criminal law and wrongly applying the logic of how criminal cases operate in the real example of a sporting occurrence.

He’s been charged, so will now have his chance to defend himself. That he’s chosen not to is up to him (although it isn’t exactly the act of someone who has nothing to hide), but don’t think he can’t then be disciplined because he hasn’t responded. They can and may well throw the book at him with or without his participation.

I’ve had plenty of dealings with Durham FA over the years to know how these things work.
It’s like a murderer going no comment answer

Exactly this.

Last edited:
Apologies, I'm a bit late to all this. I appreciate it might be difficult to say/explain and sorry if I'm being dim....Gale was paid compensation for unfair dismissal, was that without prejudice.

I guess someone will know, is he known to be a knacker/racist? I get the impression that lots of racist banter seemed to just be accepted at YCCC and wasn't challenged.

They've already made a decision by charging him bringing the game into disrepute all at the same time he's won an unfair dismissal case from his employer.

That is very likely to be false equivalence.

Winning an unfair dismissal case does not for one second mean he isn’t a racist shithouse (nor does losing one prove he is). It is simply that due process wasn’t followed by the employer with regards the termination of his contract.

I would put a considerable amount of money on it simply being an admin f*ck up by YCCC. That’s what is the case in the majority of unfair dismissal victories in my experience. Probably didn’t follow their own guidance properly. Likely as simple as not going down the correct route of suspension/disciplinary.

If the fella has no faith in them, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to not want to engage with them.

No, but as has been pointed out - it doesn’t exactly sound like the act of an innocent man. See the ‘no comment’ point.

Winning an unfair dismissal case does not for one second mean he isn’t a racist shithouse (nor does losing one prove he is). It is simply that due process wasn’t followed by the employer with regards the termination of his contract.

I would put a considerable amount of money on it simply being an admin f*ck up by YCCC. That’s what is the case in the majority of unfair dismissal victories in my experience. Probably didn’t follow their own guidance properly. Likely as simple as not going down the correct route of suspension/disciplinary.

No, but as has been pointed out - it doesn’t exactly sound like the act of an innocent man. See the ‘no comment’ point.

That probably explains most of what I've asked above

Apologies, I'm a bit late to all this. I appreciate it might be difficult to say/explain and sorry if I'm being dim....Gale was paid compensation for unfair dismissal, was that without prejudice.

As I’ve referenced, it is highly likely the unfair dismissal was simply down to YCCC not following the correct process. More so I would say than it pointing to any kind of innocence on the part of Gale.

I guess someone will know, is he known to be a knacker/racist? I get the impression that lots of racist banter seemed to just be accepted at YCCC and wasn't challenged.

I’ve got absolutely no idea if he’s racist, but I do know from a variety of sources that Gale was a pretty unpleasant character on and off the field. Again, the two could still be unrelated.

As I’ve referenced, it is highly likely the unfair dismissal was simply down to YCCC not following the correct process. More so I would say than it pointing to any kind of innocence on the part of Gale.

I’ve got absolutely no idea if he’s racist, but I do know from a variety of sources that Gale was a pretty unpleasant character on and off the field. Again, the two could still be unrelated.

Thanks

Exactly this, an employment tribunal didn't as far as I'm aware suggest there was nothing in the allegations, rather that due process not exercised.

Yorkshire County Cricket Club said in a statement: "The club acknowledges the judgment that no disciplinary process was followed, which it has accepted in order to minimise the tribunal time taken up by these cases.

"At this preliminary stage, the tribunal has not made any judgment on the reasons for dismissal and the club's firm view is that the dismissals were necessary and justified."

Last edited:
Gale is a disgrace. Wins an employment tribunal on, what was likely a failure of due employment process rather than any analysis of the allegations, then refuses to engage in a public exercise to analyse said allegations, whipping up the casually racist 'can't say nuffink' brigade with dogwhistle words like 'witch hunt'. He's undermined cricket's battle against racism even if he's completely exonerated of any racism himself.

Looks like Gale has had enough , seen his arse over what he sees as being a one way street thus far and has no confidence in a fair hearing over a charge without pre investigation . You'd have to be mad to walk into that kind of show trial .

Looks like Gale has had enough , seen his arse over what he sees as being a one way street thus far and has no confidence in a fair hearing over a charge without pre investigation . You'd have to be mad to walk into that kind of show trial .
Show trial :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because he can't afford the lawyers fees according to some knacker on the Hull City forum
Won't he be able to get help from the PCA?

He might even be able to get help from his household legal expenses policy if he has one.
I can now see why the ECB are reluctant to make judgement on Yorkshire's racism case. Their own senior staff are just as bad...

Last edited:

Back