Racism at Yorkshire CCC

i am quite surprised that other counties haven't been dragged into this quagmire. The number of professional cricketers is relatively small, and they tend to move from county to county, as we'll as playing overseas.
It'll come for them eventually. Might be ten years, might be forty. But eventually excisional cultures have to be addressed when someone speaks out.

Yes,it's an excellent and informative article.There's clearly,and has been for years, a massive cultural difference between the Asian and white communities in the multiethnic areas and Rafiqgate has only exacerbated it with extreme way both sides have handled it.
Let them get on with it.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence?
Not sure what you don't understand -there's no word more than 4 letters long in that sentence. It's a Yorkshire cricket problem. There are both government funded bodies and a cricket governing body who should be assisting in arbitration and help solve the problem.

Not sure what you don't understand -there's no word more than 4 letters long in that sentence. It's a Yorkshire cricket problem. There are both government funded bodies and a cricket governing body who should be assisting in arbitration and help solve the problem.
The implication was otherwise, let them just carry on. Apologies if I misunderstood

I'll read the article at some point but it sounds spot on to me. Its an inherently racist county in all walks of life and will take generations to fix, if ever. Even if the club have the best of intentions and strive to make ot work, they can't change the mindset of a lot of people there
Even my dad who is, economically at least, as leftie and anti tory as me, will trot out certain anti Asian stereotypes

Last edited:
Anyone ever questioned graves role in all of this?

Yes. In my opinion a county that was rife with racism is far worse than one in serious debt but I'll bet that Yorkshire come out of this better than we did.

The fact is that Graves was top man at the ECB and appears to have YCCC tied up financially in all sorts of trusts which I can't work out all the ins and outs of.

Not difficult to work out why FTECB don't care about us and don't want to upset their old mate Graves.

Colin Graves complaining about unfair treatment by ECB!!
Irony or what?
That sod has got away Scot free so far in all this

Was a bloody disgrace he was the decider on Durham’s punishment

More of that should have been made as he wanted Durham ruined and closed to the benefit of Yorkshire
This will happen in the covid inquiry as well

Back