Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely those two songs were the same period ? must be months apart..never bought the stuff but lost interest in the 80s .Dont stop me now and stuff was still rocking .Admire bands who change but it seemed to be a power struggle in their case
All four used to write the music and fight to get their songs released as singles. Democatic I suppose.

I like Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen & the E Strret Band but Jon and Bruce ruled their bands. :)

No I bloody didn’t.

As soon as I typed it in google it takes me to a petition to cancel the tour because of the change :rolleyes: f***ing typical
The lad who used to do it was exceptional too.

Freddie mercury was a despicable human being when you hear some of the stories about what he got up to

How's that?

They did,a back catalogue of tunes people grew up with delivered to a mixed audience and Freddy had them in his palm.They were crap by then though as far as material and this rebooted their career to a point .Some hate them ,i think they were unique and at times brilliant

Didn't they do the then canny new radio gaga and get a great response?

All four used to write the music and fight to get their songs released as singles. Democatic I suppose.

In later years they credited all the songs to Queen.

Last edited:

How's that?

Just watched it - Bohemian Rhapsody, Radio Gaga Hammer to Fall, Crazy Thing Called Love, WWRY and We are the Champions. I think all four members had one of their own songs in that playlist.

How's that?

They did and it stopped the fighting I believe. They probably had that much money each that it wasnt worth the hassle! :)

In later years they credited all the songs to Queen.[/QUOTE]
Aye,a number 1 iirc,from few years earlier though and that was a bit of a comeback as far as charts go .They did the biz,the whole hand clap Radio gaga bit,Freddies YAYYYOH ! Bit etc

Surely those two songs were the same period ? must be months apart..never bought the stuff but lost interest in the 80s .Dont stop me now and stuff was still rocking .Admire bands who change but it seemed to be a power struggle in their case

I think they were about a year apart but Bo Rhap seemed to mark the transition from kind of hard rock to "opera" style stuff. I can really dig their rockier stuff but their big hits in the late seventies did nothing for me.

Utter bollocks I'm afraid.. Unless of course you class homosexual promiscuity, with consenting adults, and drug taking "despicable".
Freddie was the lead singer in the worlds biggest rock band. Queen did more than their fair share for charity and Freddie's legacy lives on to today particularly in Africa.

The Queen parties were legendary by the way ;)

Im pleased he wasnt a sanctimonious self appointed do gooder like that fella out of u2.

I'm all ears.

I think he might be on about underage rent boys
Just watched it - Bohemian Rhapsody, Radio Gaga Hammer to Fall, Crazy Thing Called Love, WWRY and We are the Champions. I think all four members had one of their own songs in that playlist.

They did and it stopped the fighting I believe. They probably had that much money each that it wasnt worth the hassle! :)

Think the song credits thing were due to them learning Freddie was on his way out.

I think he might be on about underage rent boys

Think the song credits thing were due to them learning Freddie was on his way out.
possibly but by then they had made that much money anyway. I think they started this from the Miracle album circa 1988/89.

If you listen to certain songs though you can usually hear who wrote it.

I think they were about a year apart but Bo Rhap seemed to mark the transition from kind of hard rock to "opera" style stuff. I can really dig their rockier stuff but their big hits in the late seventies did nothing for me.
That xmas eve gig was on sky recently 74ish ? Playing loads of Rock n roll bollocks for encores! .Scrubbed that from my memory,watched it at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back