Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen were great in their early days with songs like "Now I'm Here" but Freddie got really self indulgent with Bohemian Rapsody and I kinda went off them after that. That said , he was obviously one of the greatest frontmen ever to take to the stage.
I personally don't see any point in going to see "tribute" bands but I did see the tribute band Arse who play the songs of Elbow and I couldn't tell the difference.

Queen were great in their early days with songs like "Now I'm Here" but Freddie got really self indulgent with Bohemian Rapsody and I kinda went off them after that. That said , he was obviously one of the greatest frontmen ever to take to the stage.
I personally don't see any point in going to see "tribute" bands but I did see the tribute band Arse who play the songs of Elbow and I couldn't tell the difference.

Could you not tell the arse from.......ah hang on, seen what you did there

I saw a Queen tribute band in Benidorm last week and they were friggin' amazing. I'm quite hard to please but these were outstanding. Queen Forever I think they were called.
Where they English or Spanish? I saw a Queen tribute band down in Fuengirola a few months back and they were class. Can't remember their band name but they were Spanish.

biggest selling band I believe.

Wembley 86 was the year after Live Aid I think and they blew all their contempories away that day so probably the best live band on the planet at that time.

New film coming out soon as well.
They did,a back catalogue of tunes people grew up with delivered to a mixed audience and Freddy had them in his palm.They were crap by then though as far as material and this rebooted their career to a point .Some hate them ,i think they were unique and at times brilliant

They did,a back catalogue of tunes people grew up with delivered to a mixed audience and Freddy had them in his palm.They were crap by then though as far as material and this rebooted their career to a point .Some hate them ,i think they were unique and at times brilliant
Im sure I read that Live Aid did rejuvinate them hence A Kind of Magic (which was pretty much the Highlander Soundreack) and the Magic Tour.

I think queen did that may diffirent styles of music they were always going to turn some people off. Im no great fan of the Hot Space and Jazz albums as example.

From this thread I have just watched their Live Aid spot. Whatever people say they were brilliant that day and on a level playing field they blew all their contemporaries out the water.

Where they English or Spanish? I saw a Queen tribute band down in Fuengirola a few months back and they were class. Can't remember their band name but they were Spanish.

I think the singer is Dutch, looks nowt like Freddie. The strange thing was that the bass player looked like Freddie. They weren't going for the lookalike thing but I thought they were class, singer did all the piano bits as well.

Surely those two songs were the same period ? must be months apart..never bought the stuff but lost interest in the 80s .Dont stop me now and stuff was still rocking .Admire bands who change but it seemed to be a power struggle in their case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back