Pubs in Silksworth and Surrounding Shut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHE guidelines are that if you have been in contact with someone who has symptoms (under 2m for 15 mins or 1m for any time) then you self isolate until their test results come back. If they come back positive then it’s 14 days from the contact, if they test negative then you end your isolation. If you need to get tested yourself and it comes back positive then your isolation is reduced to 10 days.

Yep I’m amazed not everyone knows this yet !!!

Maybe, maybe not. My point was giving his name out so people can trial him on social media is a bit pathetic. Strangers who don't even drink in the pub all of a sudden become the hard lad. People who know him and drink there will deal with it.

As above marra.

Trial by social media is never good mate. The initial FB post didn’t help like

A bit of grief is nothing if somebody catches the virus and it makes its way to someone who dies as a result of it though. You’re talking major negligence and, frankly, ignorance mixed with selfishness. Look at the wider effects of this virus too. Businesses closing and people losing jobs. The pubs he’s been in have lost revenue just by him going in for a few jars. Needs something more than a bit of grief from a regular. Naming and shaming isn’t the answer though.
Could be worse, imagine having a bail address before lockdown, and when lockdown conditions are enforced you leave the bail address so parents who are vunerable can isolate. Person who breaches bail gets jailed and forgotten about, loses job. His crime of breaching bail supercedes staying at his own home and saving lives. When circumstances change like a pandemic , don't expect common sense to apply if justice and law enforcement bodies are involved. 13 weeks without a visitor or defence solicitor and counting.

Maybe, maybe not. My point was giving his name out so people can trial him on social media is a bit pathetic. Strangers who don't even drink in the pub all of a sudden become the hard lad. People who know him and drink there will deal with it.

As above marra.

Seriously mate. Lad shouldn't have been out.

Seriously mate. Lad shouldn't have been out.
Exactly. Where have I said he should, or that it was ok?
I drink in the pub regularly. The last thing the lad who owns it wants is mob rule and people hoying their weight around. There's a lot of work going on to make a success of the place. However, a lot of folk who don't drink there , never have drank there and probably never will are trying to decide on what should happen to him. The lad who owns it has dealt with it and wants to move on. That's what should happen now marra.

Last edited:
Ok then so if he’s been out pretty much all day which it seems he has in that time he kept 2 metres from he’s mates and didn’t spend 15 minutes in close contact with them then fair enough he’s mates haven’t got to isolate but IF they have been in close contact with him then they should isolate for 14 days as the website says no matter what test results they get surely you can agree with that the test results in this scenario are not worth the paper they are wrote on if they’ve been in close contact with him
That’s better glad we agree now. Posting anyone in his group should isolate for 14 days was wrong. Cheers.
PHE guidelines are that if you have been in contact with someone who has symptoms (under 2m for 15 mins or 1m for any time) then you self isolate until their test results come back. If they come back positive then it’s 14 days from the contact, if they test negative then you end your isolation. If you need to get tested yourself and it comes back positive then your isolation is reduced to 10 days.
I know.

Exactly. Where have I said he should, or that it was ok?
I drink in the pub regularly. The last thing the lad who owns it wants is mob rule and people hoying their weight around. There's a lot of work going on to make a success of the place. However, a lot of folk who don't drink there , never have drank there and probably never will are trying to decide on what should happen to him. The lad who owns it has dealt with it and wants to move on. That's what should happen now marra.

His behavior doesn’t just impact people who attend the pub, he has in theory infected hundreds of people who did not and will never go to that pub.

That’s better glad we agree now. Posting anyone in his group should isolate for 14 days was wrong. Cheers.

I know.

Yep as long as they weren't with him for 15 minutes or more they don't have to isolate but considering by the sounds of it the lads were out for a canny while I cant see the logic off any of hes mates not having to isolate

Think it calls for common sense. If you were not within 2m of the guy then you were not in his group clearly. Easy.
If you were with him then you will have been within 2m. Unless you ducked out after 14 minutes you should follow the clear guidelines.

Exactly mate im lost for words that people think that just because they've had a test after been in contact with someone who has tested positive that they don't have to isolate !!!!

This discussion with the boot has shocked me to be honest I thought everyone would understand the guidelines to me they are clear enough you hit the nail on the head its common sence

Exactly mate im lost for words that people think that just because they've had a test after been in contact with someone who has tested positive that they don't have to isolate !!!!

This discussion with the boot has shocked me to be honest I thought everyone would understand the guidelines to me they are clear enough you hit the nail on the head its common sence

I think he's saying how do you know if someone has had close contact with someone else. My answer is the individual will know, and should act accordingly. So if they have, they should be isolating.

Aye, seems obvious
I think he's saying how do you know if someone has had close contact with someone else. My answer is the individual will know, and should act accordingly. So if they have, they should be isolating.
I get that. But he is talking about people in “his group”, he states that.
Do you go out with a group of people and never spend time within 2metres of em ?

Last edited:

To be honest mate this all started from him asking if I was on a wind up when i said even if someone had been in close contact with the lad that even tho they could do a test and it came back negative they still had to isolate for 14 days which are the guidelines

then I said anyone in hes group that had been out would have to isolate because they will have surely been in contact with him for more than 15 mins considering the lads were out for a good few hours I think theres a very strong possibility they've been in contact with him for more than 15 mins at some point but he still recons to say all hes group would have to self isolate is wrong

To be honest mate this all started from him asking if I was on a wind up when i said even if someone had been in close contact with the lad that even tho they could do a test and it came back negative they still had to isolate for 14 days which are the guidelines

then I said anyone in hes group that had been out would have to isolate because they will have surely been in contact with him for more than 15 mins considering the lads were out for a good few hours I think theres a very strong possibility they've been in contact with him for more than 15 mins at some point but he still recons to say all hes group would have to self isolate is wrong

I agree with you.

His behavior doesn’t just impact people who attend the pub, he has in theory infected hundreds of people who did not and will never go to that pub.
The pub reopened today after a deep clean and the only people who need to isolate are those that spent 15 minutes plus in his company.

Lad is an absolute disgrace. Reality of the situation is that he could have potentially killed multiple people from his disgusting actions. Yet people on this thread are defending him. It’s a disgrace that he hasn’t been charged by the police frankly, and the punishment should be a lot more severe than a few hundred quid fine or whatever crap they decide it is. The man has potentially killed people this weekend, let that sink in.

The lads name was subtlety hinted at on here by @Harbour Boy it didn't take people long to work it out. I thought doing that was pretty poor. Locals knew who it was early on and he was goven a bit of grief from those who use the pub regularly. It probably didn't need to go any further than that.
I believe that he should be named, people deserve to know if they’ve came in contact with him on Friday. It could stop a bloke in that boozer going to see his elderly mother and passing the virus onto her.

I got a test the other day and it took 13 hours to show negative

all this bell end had to do was wait 13 hours, negative go to the pub, positive stay at home.

13 hours man, i kipped longer than that last night the tosser

Exactly this. I had a covid test last week too and had the negative result exactly 13 hours and 10 minutes after the samples were taken.

This kid was just too selfish, ignorant and self-absorbed to miss one night of bantz with the lads when he was perfectly aware there was a big chance he could have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back