Pubs in Silksworth and Surrounding Shut?

I’ve just mentioned this in the ‘Pubs to Close?’ thread. I understand that someone went out to the Fleece after developing symptoms and while waiting for test results. I’m not sure about the Board Inn.

You can be despairing of some people for sure.
Was it not several pubs he visited? All losing out on business having to close and then incurring costs on the deep clean. No harm done.

The people who spent time in his company are anyone who went to any of the pubs after him. Given he went in the first place I doubt he is one for washing his hands, everything he touched will have potentially infected others.

He's obviously decided to go out on the lash before he's forced to self-isolate. He's been incredibly selfish to other people.

I get going out for a walk as long as he keeps his distance from people, but this?

Last edited:

One of the lads at work - had a text to say he may have been in contact with someone with Covid 19 and as a precaution should have a test - hopeless no indication of when this may have happened and no guidance on whether they should isolate or not.

I have to say the behavioural science types will love threads like this. Bloke with deadly disease gets paggered to hell versus 'new normal' pub regulation environment folks that may or may not have absolutely anything to worry about...well we don't know yet, should be a few days yet before we get the verdict. But retrospective RIP to the lad that does actually have this mega deadly virus and will surely expire 🤷‍♂️

I have to say the behavioural science types will love threads like this. Bloke with deadly disease gets paggered to hell versus 'new normal' pub regulation environment folks that may or may not have absolutely anything to worry about...well we don't know yet, should be a few days yet before we get the verdict. But retrospective RIP to the lad that does actually have this mega deadly virus and will surely expire 🤷‍♂️

The behavioral scientists have probably taken this type of behavior into account. If everyone was sensible about personal hygiene and followed the rules we would not still be in the middle of a pandemic.

Last edited:
The behavioral scientists have probably taken this type of behavior into account. If everyone was sensible about personal hygiene and followed the rules we would not still be in the middle of a pandemic.
But surely the reason the numbers have come down was because people were following the rules?

Back