Primary school leaving party

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Grease style prom with a funfair, magicians, jugglers and fireworks has been suggested. I don't want to spend that much money on it though :oops:

Seriously? The bairn left in the summer and the school took them on the bus to the metro centre to have a day at the NAMCO place and then they had a surprise trip back on a limo bus. We just paid the public transport busfare, £3 quid towards the lunch they were having and the school said we could give a maximum of £5 spending money so all in all it was barely a tenner! The kids had a fantastic time.

Playground parents willy waving, pleased mine are passed that now. Bugger them Becs, it`s a decent suggestion and the kids won`t be bothered as long as they get to do something. Mind even if you did get them to go with it there`ll still be some silly bollocks who splashes out on a limo or something to get their little cherubs there

When I left Elizabeth Ville Preparatory School for Young Gentlemen we had a circus, travelling funfair, disco, BBQ and fancy dress competition.
Didn't everyone have something similar?
Modern bairns get nowt these days.

When I left Elizabeth Ville Preparatory School for Young Gentlemen we had a circus, travelling funfair, disco, BBQ and fancy dress competition.
Didn't everyone have something similar?
Modern bairns get nowt these days.
Can't even spell the name of the school :lol:

That circus and fancy dress was actually just the locals on giro day, the dodgems were joy riders and the BBQ was the council strikers blazer

Mind I bet we had a leavers mass, a chance for the priest to wish us all a very fond farewell !

Can't even spell the name of the school :lol:

That circus and fancy dress was actually just the locals on giro day, the dodgems were joy riders and the BBQ was the council strikers blazer

Mind I bet we had a leavers mass, a chance for the priest to wish us all a very fond farewell !

Alright Mr Perfect ;)

Speaking of posh preparatory establishments, how is the bairn settling into Hogwarts?

When my kids left primary school we had a picnic where everybody brought some food and their own drinks and had a whip-round for small gifts to the teachers

tell them you`ll acquiesce to their ideas but there`ll have to be a big board with their kids photos, school awards,sats results etc on it. See how many of of the "i`ve got this" are keen then

We went to Brighton for the day in school uniform as it was an outing. We went for a swim at black rock , had a picnic and came home again. My children just had either a disco in the school hall or a BBQ on school grounds, I think the teacher provided the sausages. No cost to parents, or a very nominal cost eg £1.

My lad had one. They got a fekkin limo to drive them around then drop them off at the high school where they are attending now for a big disco type thing. What a load of shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back