Primary school leaving party

Status
Not open for further replies.

When mine left last year they had their leaving assembly on the 2nd last day, where they got hoodies and presents from their teacher. Then that night was the school disco and afterwards they had a sleep over (and water fight) in the school and next day they went bowling and to the cinema. It was all organised by the school and fundraiser throughout the year by the kids.

I thought it was a really good way of doing it as they had their last day together having fun, baring in mind most of them had spent the last 7 years together, and we're going to at least 5 different schools. Was much easier on the kids than having the leavers assembly being the last memory of each other.

They don't need funfairs and shit like that. Disco, sweets and water are a good combination :lol:

No it's for next July.

Nowt happened when I left junior school. When my boys left, it was a limo from school and one went for a meal in a pub and the other one went bowling. It cost about £20 each. I didn't mind paying that.

Youngest leaves this year and I've already been shot down for my suggestion of hiring the church hall and putting a buffet and a disco on, so the bairns can dance and the parents can have a drink and a natter. Various very expensive things have been suggested and I didn't know if I'm being a total killjoy or if this is normal now. I don't want to spend a fortune on such an event but equally I don't want the bairn to miss out either.

What are these things out of interest?

Everything changes as time goes on so what was good for some wont even be considered for others.

We had nowt, we left and that was it.

A Grease style prom with a funfair, magicians, jugglers and fireworks has been suggested. I don't want to spend that much money on it though :oops:

:(:(:( Heavens above. I've just located my inner Victor Meldrew reading this. Only to imagine him adopting a dalek voice and start saying 'RESIST-RESIST -RESIST!
Best of luck @becs.

What are these things out of interest?

Mentioned earlier - a Grease style prom with a funfair, magicians, jugglers and fireworks.

Also a two part event with a formal evening at Lumley Castle one night with a meal and entertainment, then the limos and going bowling or something fun on the day they break up from school.

I like the sleepover in school idea. That's different and fun (and cheap :D)

Mentioned earlier - a Grease style prom with a funfair, magicians, jugglers and fireworks.

Also a two part event with a formal evening at Lumley Castle one night with a meal and entertainment, then the limos and going bowling or something fun on the day they break up from school.

They are a bit OTT mind, you are right. Just have to be careful the bairn isn’t left out if thats what the majority go with...as daft as it is.

We are becoming America aren’t we?

A formal evening sounds awful. They're 11. The words bored to tears comes to mind. Think some of the parents should ask the kids what THEY want to do

A formal evening sounds awful. They're 11. The words bored to tears comes to mind. Think some of the parents should ask the kids what THEY want to do
formal event jesus wept. Are kids not allowed to be bairns these days?

Get them a round of Red Bull and some cake.
Silly sod we are on about a leaving do, not the I cant afford breakfast club brigade

formal event jesus wept. Are kids not allowed to be bairns these days?

Silly sod we are on about a leaving do, not the I cant afford breakfast club brigade

I actually put that up because I went to a birthday bowling party for 9 year olds as an extra adult to help out and the noise and activity was mind-blowing. It was 10am and the kids (boys) claimed to be very hungry and wanted hot dogs before we started bowling. I asked if they had breakfast before they came and one of them answered: "Just some cake and a Red Bull". :lol:

They are a bit OTT mind, you are right. Just have to be careful the bairn isn’t left out if thats what the majority go with...as daft as it is.

I wouldn't leave her out. I just begrudge paying a fortune for something expensive when the bairns would just as happy with a cheap do.

That's just ridiculous, for a start what happens for the poor parents who can't afford to fork out a stupid amount of money for something that seems a bit over the top for the actual 15/16yr old leaving school prom! Sleepover does sound fun though :)

My lot don't even seem that bothered about a leavers prom then either, the eldest only went because i was able to get him a David Tennant/Dr Who style suit :lol:

My lot don't even seem that bothered about a leavers prom then either, the eldest only went because i was able to get him a David Tennant/Dr Who style suit :lol:

The older two were not that fussed about the secondary school prom. They were happy with a cheap Asda suit (as they were unlikely to wear it again!) and no limo. My eldest sent me a series of texts complaining about the bar prices for Coke compared to big bottles in the supermarket. That made my night that did :lol:

Granddaughters school had disco and buffet in the local CIU club. Twenty five quid each!!!! Formal dress ......suits for boys and dresses for girls. Thought it was a bit steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back