Primary school leaving party

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becs

What's the latest crack with this? What did you do and how much did you spend on your bairns event?

School /kids organised a bus/limo type thing to take them for tea straight after school ,nothing ott. About 25 quid a head

When I left primary school, we had a joint disco with a neighbouring school in our gym hall. Cost was about £2.50 a head!

It's only September, kids been kicked out already?

No it's for next July.

Nowt happened when I left junior school. When my boys left, it was a limo from school and one went for a meal in a pub and the other one went bowling. It cost about £20 each. I didn't mind paying that.

Youngest leaves this year and I've already been shot down for my suggestion of hiring the church hall and putting a buffet and a disco on, so the bairns can dance and the parents can have a drink and a natter. Various very expensive things have been suggested and I didn't know if I'm being a total killjoy or if this is normal now. I don't want to spend a fortune on such an event but equally I don't want the bairn to miss out either.

No it's for next July.

Nowt happened when I left junior school. When my boys left, it was a limo from school and one went for a meal in a pub and the other one went bowling. It cost about £20 each. I didn't mind paying that.

Youngest leaves this year and I've already been shot down for my suggestion of hiring the church hall and putting a buffet and a disco on, so the bairns can dance and the parents can have a drink and a natter. Various very expensive things have been suggested and I didn't know if I'm being a total killjoy or if this is normal now. I don't want to spend a fortune on such an event but equally I don't want the bairn to miss out either.

I don't think you're being a killjoy, that sounds reasonable.

They're 10-11 ffs. What fancy shit do they need?

I don't think you're being a killjoy, that sounds reasonable.

They're 10-11 ffs. What fancy shit do they need?

A Grease style prom with a funfair, magicians, jugglers and fireworks has been suggested. I don't want to spend that much money on it though :oops:

Be difficult for everyone else in the pub as well

I wasn't keen on the eldest's pub meal for that reason. It was in the Waggon on the Team Valley, so you had adults coming in for a meal after work looking irritated because the place was full of children :oops:

A Grease style prom with a funfair, magicians, jugglers and fireworks has been suggested. I don't want to spend that much money on it though :oops:

I wasn't keen on the eldest's pub meal for that reason. It was in the Waggon on the Team Valley, so you had adults coming in for a meal after work looking irritated because the place was full of children :oops:

A funfair? :lol:

You're in the right here mind. Surely the teachers can see sense here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back