Primary school leaving party

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's for next July.

Nowt happened when I left junior school. When my boys left, it was a limo from school and one went for a meal in a pub and the other one went bowling. It cost about £20 each. I didn't mind paying that.

Youngest leaves this year and I've already been shot down for my suggestion of hiring the church hall and putting a buffet and a disco on, so the bairns can dance and the parents can have a drink and a natter. Various very expensive things have been suggested and I didn't know if I'm being a total killjoy or if this is normal now. I don't want to spend a fortune on such an event but equally I don't want the bairn to miss out either.
How dare you suggest something that isn't American enough!

I didn't do anything when I left primary school. My daughter had a leavers assembley and that was it.

It's seriously taking the piss expecting parents to fork out for this. Why not start an underground protest group to prevent such conspicuous consumption?

A party in school is far more than adequate for this if they have to do anything at all other than leave.

The bairns would be just as happy with a disco in the school hall with hot dogs and then Tom and Jerry cartons of juice. The Facebook Mams have a lot to answer for, I have a 'friend' like this who posts her photos of her primary school aged daughter wearing MAC lipstick because apparently 'she won't wear anything else'

The bairns would be just as happy with a disco in the school hall with hot dogs and then Tom and Jerry cartons of juice. The Facebook Mams have a lot to answer for, I have a 'friend' like this who posts her photos of her primary school aged daughter wearing MAC lipstick because apparently 'she won't wear anything else'

That shit is like £15-20 a stick. Wtf man.

I didn't do anything when I left primary school. My daughter had a leavers assembley and that was it.

It's seriously taking the piss expecting parents to fork out for this. Why not start an underground protest group to prevent such conspicuous consumption?

A party in school is far more than adequate for this if they have to do anything at all other than leave.
Especially for ten year olds for gods sake. Our kids seem to be growing up very fast nowadays.

The way things are going these days there'll be a night out on the quayside, the lads will run a course of steroids and start fighting on the night and the lasses will have boob jobs and a spray tan before going back to theor houses and ending up at the clinic the next day.

That shit is like £15-20 a stick. Wtf man.

Yep,surprisingly she's a 'full time mammy' then she'll post about how the bairns doing her head in and she just wants to have a nap. Then when people helpfully suggest maybes she's just bored and suggest taking her to the soft play/out somewhere for the day she'll moan that she can't go anywhere because she's skint. I'm sure that little girl would much prefer some fun days out to sitting inside in her ridiculous Vivienne Westwood shoes

The older two were not that fussed about the secondary school prom. They were happy with a cheap Asda suit (as they were unlikely to wear it again!) and no limo. My eldest sent me a series of texts complaining about the bar prices for Coke compared to big bottles in the supermarket. That made my night that did :lol:

Your kids sound just like mine, we we're walking past Aphrodite in town the other week and he caught sight of a sign for a £100 t shirt, "£100 for a t shirt are they having a laugh!! "
Granddaughters school had disco and buffet in the local CIU club. Twenty five quid each!!!! Formal dress ......suits for boys and dresses for girls. Thought it was a bit steep.
Why would an 11 year old enjoy going to a party in a suit. Whenever I've been to any kind of formal do where kids are as soon as they can the jackets and ties are gone and shirts untucked. Let kids be kids and slide across the school floor on their knees and hoy water bombs at each other and get stick on tattoos. Parents complain their kids grow up too quickly, when in effect it's them making them grow up before they should be.

Yep,surprisingly she's a 'full time mammy' then she'll post about how the bairns doing her head in and she just wants to have a nap. Then when people helpfully suggest maybes she's just bored and suggest taking her to the soft play/out somewhere for the day she'll moan that she can't go anywhere because she's skint. I'm sure that little girl would much prefer some fun days out to sitting inside in her ridiculous Vivienne Westwood shoes

I thought similar when I went past a young lass with a bairn in a pushchair wearing Adidas trainers.

If the bairn is too young to understand brands (that kid was) then the 'brand' is for the mother's benefit and not the child's. Just plain ridiculous.

That money could be used so much better :rolleyes:

Especially for ten year olds for gods sake. Our kids seem to be growing up very fast nowadays.
Wait till the twins turn, you`ll need a second mortgage just to pay for an end of term do let alone a leaving do

I actually put that up because I went to a birthday bowling party for 9 year olds as an extra adult to help out and the noise and activity was mind-blowing. It was 10am and the kids (boys) claimed to be very hungry and wanted hot dogs before we started bowling. I asked if they had breakfast before they came and one of them answered: "Just some cake and a Red Bull". :lol:
Aw man, you wouldnt believe it. The same group of morons every morning stood outside the shop shovelling best buy energy drink and a bag of quavers each down the kids gullets yet couldnt afford a quid a day for breakfast club, where they could have toast, porridge, scrambly egg or beans on toast and a bit of fruit.

Last edited:
Wait till the twins turn, you`ll need a second mortgage just to pay for an end of term do let alone a leaving do

Aw man, you wouldnt believe it. The same group of morons every morning stood outside the shop shovelling best buy energy drink and a bag of quavers each down the kids gullets yet couldnt afford a quid a day for breakfast club, where they could have toast, porridge, scrambly egg or beans on toast and a bit of fruit.

Poor(!) kids

It's my understanding that they can be used more than once? I have no clue whether this is expensive or not :D

It's fairly expensive as far as make-up goes. MAC is a premium brand. I suppose the equivalent for a lad would be buying him top of the line Adidas Predator boots (because he won't wear owt else).

The other mams would slag you off and she'd have no friends.

Me neither mate, glad I've got a son. £20 for something that lasts months, or over a year, doesn't seem unreasonable though.

Everyone loves Whiteboard Sally man.

For the last day we had some school trip to somewhere shite I didn't want to go, think it was Alston or soment :neutral: So about six of us skived it and went to play footy...ironically in the school field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back