Primary school leaving party

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the comments of it being "Americanised" even my missus thinks it's weird as fuck having graduations and leavers proms except for the last year of High School/Upper School.

Seems people have latched onto a cultural meme and are applying it in the wrong context.

Yep,surprisingly she's a 'full time mammy' then she'll post about how the bairns doing her head in and she just wants to have a nap. Then when people helpfully suggest maybes she's just bored and suggest taking her to the soft play/out somewhere for the day she'll moan that she can't go anywhere because she's skint. I'm sure that little girl would much prefer some fun days out to sitting inside in her ridiculous Vivienne Westwood shoes

Young kids do want the cheapest kind of fun.

Early this year we had a chat about summer holidays. One week was already booked doing something with my parents and we wanted another week. When asked what they wanted to do, both mine (aged 10 and 6) said camping. I did say we could look at going abroad, perhaps fly somewhere. No, camping. They wanted somewhere to run around and somewhere near water. With petrol and campsite costs I think the week away only cost £200 there was no internet access for the full week. Far better that than going somewhere were the kids would be bored and bragging on facebook about how posh it was.

Went through primary, middle and upper schools and not once were there a end of school leaving party, best we got was the Christmas disco, this was the 70s-80s like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back