Portsmouth 🤣🤣🤣

They don't stand a chance of getting automatic promotion. You can continue with your love affair for Fleetwood all you like.

How's it selective memory btw? We weren't even discussing Fleetwood.
I am a realist.

Fleetwood are 3 points behind Sunderland with a game in hand. They have won every game since they drew with us. If Fleetwood beat Sunderland they will be on the same points with a game in hand. As you know I was calling Fleetwood before their run started.

Fleetwood gave us a decent game. Our run since Christmas has been 9 wins 2 draws. They were one of the two draws.

In their last 3 games they have beat Portsmouth, Peterborough and Wycombe. After their next game against Sunderland they have about the easiest run in.

But no you are never wrong. You say you will beat Fleetwood then easily beat Coventry. We will see.

I am a realist.

Fleetwood are 3 points behind Sunderland with a game in hand. They have won every game since they drew with us. If Fleetwood beat Sunderland they will be on the same points with a game in hand. As you know I was calling Fleetwood before their run started.

Fleetwood gave us a decent game. Our run since Christmas has been 9 wins 2 draws. They were one of the two draws.

In their last 3 games they have beat Portsmouth, Peterborough and Wycombe. After their next game against Sunderland they have about the easiest run in.

But no you are never wrong. You say you will beat Fleetwood then easily beat Coventry. We will see.

I'm unsure what you want me to say? I don't think the league is particularly good, so raving about a Fleetwood side that's won a couple of games isn't going to change my mind. They're three points behind us currently. We went through a quite shocking period of form after Parkinson took over and at one stage were 15th in the league. Had Parkinson hit the ground running, we'd be top of the league right now by some distance.

I'm unsure what you want me to say? I don't think the league is particularly good, so raving about a Fleetwood side that's won a couple of games isn't going to change my mind. They're three points behind us currently. We went through a quite shocking period of form after Parkinson took over and at one stage were 15th in the league. Had Parkinson hit the ground running, we'd be top of the league right now by some distance.
Me raving about Fleetwood? No. Just saying you are wrong to write them off. And their recent results show I could be right. 5 consecutive wins now. And mostly against teams near the top.

Your next two games are against sides who have both recently beat Portsmouth. You recently lost to Portsmouth 2-0. Yet you say you know you will win both games. Can you explain why?

Win both and you should make the top 2. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Me raving about Fleetwood? No. Just saying you are wrong to write them off. And their recent results show I could be right. 5 consecutive wins now. And mostly against teams near the top.

Your next two games are against sides who have both recently beat Portsmouth. You recently lost to Portsmouth 2-0. Yet you say you know you will win both games. Can you explain why?

Win both and you should make the top 2. We will have to wait and see what happens.

I'm confident that we'll win both games, unsure why you can't accept it and keep banging on about it. I don't rate Portsmouth. Perhaps you should stick to your own forum, you're getting yourself upset on this one over nothing.

Last edited:
I'm confident that we'll win both games, unsure why you can't accept it and keep banging on about it. I don't rate Portsmouth. Perhaps you should stick to your own forum, you're getting yourself upset on this one over nothing.
Nearly everyone on here is being realistic. Then we have you.

The league is shit. Theres not a good side in it. The 2 sides that have belief will finish top 2 not necessarily the better sides.

So you agree that Fleetwood don't have a chance and that you will thrash Coventry?

So there are two deluded on here.
No
I think we have a very good chance of beating both with our current form , however it’s not a formality
id take 4 points now tbh

So you agree that Fleetwood don't have a chance and that you will thrash Coventry?

So there are two deluded on here.

My view is that the there’s 6 slots for 9 teams in the hunt as it stands, and it’s going to take going unbeaten to guarantee finishing top 2. I don’t know if we can do that but we’ll see.

I do know that I’d rather have the points on the board and I don’t think the cup games will help you come the end of the season, just my opinion.

I agree with both of you. Nobody knows what will happen. We are on a great run. 9 wins 2 draws in last 11 games. But I would still settle for 4 points in next 2 games.

Both our clubs have 2 difficult games in the next week. They are involving Sunderland, Coventry, Rotherham and Fleetwood. If any of these teams win both their next 2 games they should go up in the top 2. It isn't just getting the 6 points. It is the others losing points. All 4 sides are in form.

I think we will get another 7 wins at least so hopefully that’s enough
Only getting 7 wins will leave it tight to keep in the top 6. The top 2 teams are 7 points ahead of you. 7 wins=21 points. So only 14 points above where the top 2 are now. They have 12 and 13 games left and are averaging more than 2 points a game this year.

Back