Portsmouth 🤣🤣🤣

I look for yours mate :)
Was on my town high street and popped in for a pint in a pub with Sky sports on, they showed Swindon had gone 2 up and just thought @Swindon On Tour would be happy, then noticed the Baggies were winning and was pleased for @TiptonBaggie, amazing how you relate to decent posters on here, there is the odd decent Pompey lad on here but too many WUM to ever wish them well

Oh and Posh.
Was on my town high street and popped in for a pint in a pub with Sky sports on, they showed Swindon had gone 2 up and just thought @Swindon On Tour would be happy, then noticed the Baggies were winning and was pleased for @TiptonBaggie, amazing how you relate to decent posters on here, there is the odd decent Pompey lad on here but too many WUM to ever wish them well
I saw West Brom were winning and thought @Boinger will be chuffed.

Last edited:
There are some cracking poster s on here . Like @swindon top poster.

the other week it was flooded with Pompey just taking the utter piss.

Jus
Just 1 bad result can make you fall away from the top 2. To me it is between Sunderland, Rotherham, Coventry, Fleetwood and maybe Portsmouth for the top 2. Things could be a lot more clearer in another week. But depending on results more sides could get into the mix.

My team are level top on points with a game in hand. Yet I am not confident. Two bad results would change everything. Top sides have to play each other. Top sides have to play bottom sides that are playing for survival. Nobody knows what will happen next.
K
Know the feeling. We had goals disallowed. Hit the woodwork. Ref kept blowing for no reason.

But the season is 44 games long. We can also point to our first away win coming after Christmas. But over a whole season it evens out. Wins when you are not the best side against not winning when you hammered a side but couldn't score. Scoring with your only shot on target against winning with a great defensive display.
You talk a lot of sense but sometimes you come over as a bit patronising, stating the obvious. Have a look at your last paragraph there. Some of us have been watching football for a pretty long time you know.
I was at Goodson in 77 and saw my first game at Roker in 64.

Last edited:
I think Fleetwood will go close too. A lot of teams in form atm due to the poor standard this season. I actually think you are a better team than some are giving you credit for I wouldn't be surprised if you made automatics. Think Pompey and Wycombe are a bit lower standard than the other 5 in our 7 but our terrible run of form in 1st half of the season may see us miss out on automatic yet.

I think Posh are the best side but they have left it too late. You, us and Rotherham much of a muchness. We had a rare off day away to Pompey but still battered them for the first half before imploding second half other than that have been fairly flawless.

Its going to go to the wire sadly but I remain hopeful

The fact that Fleetwood are even in contention shows how shite this league is.
Honest hard working grafters is all. Can't see them top 6 after 44.

Fleetwood are paying out some big wages for league one, that is why they are challenging. Let's not be fooled by their ''over achievement'' underdog tag. Evans and Madden are 10k plus a week. They've been paying big numbers since the first season they got in the league. This division is for also rans and clubs that nearly end up derelict like ourselves, but like any division, if you spend bigger than most you will be near the top. Gareth Ainsworth at Wycmobe and what the new manager at MK Dons are doing, surpasses Barton's achivement in my opinion. You can put Steve Evans at Gillingham that bracket too

Last edited:
Fleetwood are paying out some big wages for league one, that is why they are challenging. Let's not be fooled by their ''over achievement'' underdog tag. Evans and Madden are 10k plus a week. They've been paying big numbers since the first season they got in the league. This division is for also rans and clubs that nearly end up derelict like ourselves, but like any division, if you spend bigger than most you will be near the top. Gareth Ainsworth at Wycmobe and what the new manager at MK Dons are doing, surpasses Barton's achivement in my opinion. You can put Steve Evans at Gillingham that bracket too
Joey (the fifth beatle Barton)

twat

You talk a lot of sense but sometimes you come over as a bit patronising, stating the obvious. Have a look at your last paragraph there. Some of us have been watching football for a pretty long time you know.
I was at Goodson in 77 and saw my first game at Roker in 64.
I don't mean to be patronising. Life is too short to chat shite.

Just because you have realised something or you know something it doesn't mean that everyone else has the same knowledge. Like for instance the league table. They see a team up there and see a danger. But present form and extra games played says differently.

That last paragraph is obvious to those of us that have been going for many years. Not been going as long as yourself but my first game was in the 70's and a regular since the early 80's. First away game in 1981 IIRC. I was 13. Went with a mate of the same age. I agree. But some want to point out certain games that points were lost because what happened in games. But it is as though these games don't happen to everyone to some people.
You can also add Coventry to this list. We don't have a big budget. But what we do have is an excellent manager and some very good young players. Our budget might just scrape into the top 10.

Last edited:

We all have a busy life and challenges.
Football without doubt an escape from these and our own history that we create supporting our mutual clubs is meaningful.
Every club has decent fans that if you didn’t know their colours you would get on with then. Equally every club has some idiots.
Always enjoy watching the goals and scores coming in.
I don't mean to be patronising. Life is too short to chat shite.

Just because you have realised something or you know something it doesn't mean that everyone else has the same knowledge. Like for instance the league table. They see a team up there and see a danger. But present form and extra games played says differently.

That last paragraph is obvious to those of us that have been going for many years. Not been going as long as yourself but my first game was in the 70's and a regular since the early 80's. First away game in 1981 IIRC. I was 13. Went with a mate of the same age. I agree. But some want to point out certain games that points were lost because what happened in games. But it is as though these games don't happen to everyone to some people.

You can also add Coventry to this list. We don't have a big budget. But what we do have is an excellent manager and some very good young players. Our budget might just scrape into the top 10.

Interesting comment you make about budgets.
Swindon are not in the top 5 in league two however as you mention having an excellent manager and a great team spirit helps.

Last edited:
Pompey are capable of winning this league.
So are Coventry, Rotherham, Fleetwood, Ipswich, Us, Wycombe.
FFS it’s still early days.
This’ll come back to bite when they do us in the play-offs.
[/QUOTE)]
Anything can happen yet..injuries, suspensions , REFEREES other teams performances.Keep our powder dry and hope our good form continues next week.

How good are Fleetwood mate? Were you impressed with them today?
I think they are a good side on a good run at the right time. It certainly won’t be an easy game against them for anyone. But still as ever, there wasn’t a lot of quality but I really haven’t seen any quality in this division this season but I guess that’s why it’s so open!

Back