Pontins - scratters delight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pontins, Butlins, Haggerston, Center Parcs etc are for people who can’t organise their own activities and have to be spoon fed activities. Probably the same species of underlings who think going to Wetherspoons with their best baseball cap and trackie bottoms is a posh meal out.

Think you may have Center parcs mixed up you silly billy.
Bless

Think you may have Center parcs mixed up you silly billy.
Bless

It’s an expensive holiday ‘centre’, man! I don’t give a toss that it’s ‘upmarket’. Maybe they announce ‘baby crying in Villa 147’ during the nightly Magic Flute performance. Super. It’s weird how testy and huffy people get about a holiday location, taking it personally. :lol: Let’s have another iPhone v Android thread, that gets people getting into murderous rages about a bit of electronics.

Fight the disease, man! Center Parcs today, yurts tomorrow. It’s a terrible, slippery slope.

I'm starting to believe that the real scratters of this board are those who start threads such as this.

Another example of the let's all have a go at others, instead of concentration on yourself and family, without feeling the need to dissect what others have, instead of being happy with your own lot.

I await the pack

Well said

How delightful, perhaps we can sneer at those you deem beneath you sometime.

Ignore him hes one of those Pretendy middle class Buffoons.

Last edited:
Pontins, Butlins, Haggerston, Center Parcs etc are for people who can’t organise their own activities and have to be spoon fed activities. Probably the same species of underlings who think going to Wetherspoons with their best baseball cap and trackie bottoms is a posh meal out.
Center parks is class.

Center parks is class.
Butlins is too. Haven is sometimes ok but quite a few scrotes. Pontins is awful.

Nonsense in general. For a start all the places you've mentioned are completely different to each other.

Kids like things to do on holiday and the likes of Butlins deliver things to do. I'm on holiday at the moment and I'm grateful that there's plenty for the bairns to do, even though it costs more.

Last edited:
Butlins is too. Haven is sometimes ok but quite a few scrotes. Pontins is awful.

Nonsense in general. For a start all the places you've mentioned are completely different to each other.

Kids like things to do on holiday and the likes of Butlins deliver things to do. I'm on holiday at the moment and I'm grateful that there's plenty for the bairns to do, even though it cutsc more.

:lol:

Bless!

Where did you take young Steve back in the day, out of interest

Butlins at Ayr! :lol: Seriously! Loved it as a kid, so we all went there to relive my childhood.:oops:

We weren’t big on holidays. Short breaks to places like Scarborough, lakes, etc. Loads and loads of days out around the North Yorkshire Moors, Dales, Northumberland etc.

'Holiday on the Buses' was filmed there, so it can't be that bad surely?

Quality British cinema. :lol:

It’s an expensive holiday ‘centre’, man! I don’t give a toss that it’s ‘upmarket’. Maybe they announce ‘baby crying in Villa 147’ during the nightly Magic Flute performance. Super. It’s weird how testy and huffy people get about a holiday location, taking it personally. :lol: Let’s have another iPhone v Android thread, that gets people getting into murderous rages about a bit of electronics.

Fight the disease, man! Center Parcs today, yurts tomorrow. It’s a terrible, slippery slope.
^Wow
Very passionate and upset about someone going to ctr parcs

^Wow
Very passionate and upset about someone going to ctr parcs

What a weird thing to take from that post!

Never mind, carry on! :lol:

Butlins has increased prices and improved since then. I haven't been this year though as I think they might be bored there now

It was a shadow of its former self when we went mid 90s. Seriously run down, unloved, and worst of all my beloved Beachcomber Bar with it’s fake indoor stream and placca creatures was completely ruined.

I loved the go kart racing, though. They were seriously underpowered but great fun all the same.

Last edited:
It was a shadow of its former self when we went mid 90s. Seriously run down, unloved, and worst of all my beloved Beachcomber Bar with it’s fake indoor stream and placca creatures was completely ruined
They closed all but three sites after that and completely renovated the remaining three.

What a weird thing to take from that post!

Never mind, carry on! :lol:

It was a shadow of its former self when we went mid 90s. Seriously run down, unloved, and worst of all my beloved Beachcomber Bar with it’s fake indoor stream and placca creatures was completely ruined.

I loved the go kart racing, though. They were seriously underpowered but great fun all the same.
They tore that building down last year - it's just a massive caravan park now.
Mid 90's a few of us locals used to get in over the weekends trying our luck with the lassies on holiday - had a few mates work there. Was a laugh, but even then it did look rather tired.

I do remember the night a couple of us offered out Keith Harris and his minder cos he was hassling pal of ours - she was all of 16 and working there as her Dad was a manager :lol:

Butlins Bognor in the 60s as a kid. wonderful - everything free and used to love the volcanoe bar exploding every so often. Great duke box with the Kinks playing the first heavy metal; Moody Blues "go now".

Figured a fiddle on the one arm bandits. :cool:

Meal times there were hundreds getting fed and the food seemed pretty good as a kid - mind you chicken was posh then.

Morning campers!...

Beats Center Parcs any day. (Probably costs as much in real terms)

They tore that building down last year - it's just a massive caravan park now.
Mid 90's a few of us locals used to get in over the weekends trying our luck with the lassies on holiday - had a few mates work there. Was a laugh, but even then it did look rather tired.

I do remember the night a couple of us offered out Keith Harris and his minder cos he was hassling pal of ours - she was all of 16 and working there as her Dad was a manager :lol:

Dorty bassas! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back