Pontins - scratters delight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to haggerston when the bairn was nearly 2. Hated it. Was cheap and people were scratters. Seemed to cost a fortune for everything to keep bairn entertained.

Went to butlins skegness year after and bairn loved it. Was a lovely atmosphere,had staff walking around entertaining kids, loads of clubs for kids and rides are free. Spent next to nowt anarl. Been about 4 times now

I stayed there 10 years ago with a kids football team.

WHAT A DUMP!

The rooms are filthy, and the buildings are dilapidated.
Two people with the party, refused to check in and left to find different accomodation.
The staff appologised for the delays as the cleaners were still sweeping the rooms for drugs after the previous weekends "Ibiza Party Weekend".

Plastic chairs in the rooms, knackered beds, sticky carpets, smashed door locks, filthy bathrooms and generally disgusting.

It was over an easter weekend and you were forced to book for Fri, Sat and Sun when there was a presentation evening.
Each parent was lined up, engine running and the Sunday night and as soon as your kid got his trophy they were dumped into
the car and they were off.

Went to haggerston when the bairn was nearly 2. Hated it. Was cheap and people were scratters. Seemed to cost a fortune for everything to keep bairn entertained.

Went to butlins skegness year after and bairn loved it. Was a lovely atmosphere,had staff walking around entertaining kids, loads of clubs for kids and rides are free. Spent next to nowt anarl. Been about 4 times now
Went to Filey years ago with some family and the at the clubhouse the staff used to stop the music and announce the face painting/toy selling/balloon selling/light sabre type toy selling!!! Everything was a fiver.
They would shout at the kids “go and get the money off ya Mam and dads”

It was crawling.

Pontins, Butlins, Haggerston, Center Parcs etc are for people who can’t organise their own activities and have to be spoon fed activities. Probably the same species of underlings who think going to Wetherspoons with their best baseball cap and trackie bottoms is a posh meal out.

Went to Filey years ago with some family and the at the clubhouse the staff used to stop the music and announce the face painting/toy selling/balloon selling/light sabre type toy selling!!! Everything was a fiver.
They would shout at the kids “go and get the money off ya Mam and dads”

It was crawling.

That was a lot like haggerston. Butlins is a lot better, has its own private beach in skegness. A walk along the coast is a good way to spend a day down there

That was a lot like haggerston. Butlins is a lot better, has its own private beach in skegness. A walk along the coast is a good way to spend a day down there
It’s is mate, we took the son about ten/twelve year ago, it had just been revamped with the big tent over the main square. Got it cheap £150 full board for two adults and son. Really enjoyed it the rooms were brand new (cuttle fish walk or summit). Lovely bit coast and canny town. Full of scratters like.

Anyone ever been to a pontins site before? I’ve never been but I always thought they were on a par with butlins etc. A bit naff but very family geared and a bit cheaper than center parcs with the added bonus of entertainment for the kids.

The reviews suggest otherwise!
Some friends of mine went recently. It was absolutely minging. The accommodation was disgusting and they had to go out and buy cleaning products just to make it habitable. It was also full of chavs. They left after two days.

Pontins, Butlins, Haggerston, Center Parcs etc are for people who can’t organise their own activities and have to be spoon fed activities. Probably the same species of underlings who think going to Wetherspoons with their best baseball cap and trackie bottoms is a posh meal out.

You sound marvelous to be around.

Quick everyone. Give Morse attention.

Mid sixties Filey an absolute delight for kids, didn't know what to do first each day. Always a tribe of us twice a year then late 70's me and mates would go on a weekend never ever paid in and always got fixed up, it was Paradise, and the Hawaian bar well-----.

How delightful, perhaps we can sneer at those you deem beneath you sometime.

Who rattled your cage? It’s not my fault you’re a chav, you miserable get. :lol: I’ve been to Butlins at Ayr twice, Pontins at Rhyl and I can’t remember what it was called in Mosney, RoI. There’s some canny people, but a lot of idiots go. This was back in the day when continental holidays were too expensive for many working class people.

I can’t afford to go on holiday, so I don’t bother these days. I settle for days out. Yes, I deem chavs beneath me, as do probably the 90% of society who have to endure the stupid bastards.

Now go and take a pop at other posters who’ve said pretty much the same as me. Just to demonstrate you’re not singling me out. You have your view, I have mine. If you think ‘chav’ means a working class person, then you need to put your Guardian away. It’s incredibly patronising, some of us living almost hand to mouth actually have too much pride to act like the underclass. Poverty does not equal a lack of class or respect for society.

Quick everyone. Give Morse attention.

I’m probably the least attention seeking striker on here, ffs!

Quick everyone. Give Duracell Funny attention. His view differs from mine!

It’s amazing how easy it is to get chavs to out themselves on here! ;)

Last edited:
Who rattled your cage? It’s not my fault you’re a chav, you miserable get. :lol: I’ve been to Butlins at Ayr twice, Pontins at Rhyl and I can’t remember what it was called in Mosney, RoI. There’s some canny people, but a lot of idiots go. This was back in the day when continental holidays were too expensive for many working class people.

I can’t afford to go on holiday, so I don’t bother these days. I settle for days out. Yes, I deem chavs beneath me, as do probably the 90% of society who have to endure the stupid bastards.

Now go and take a pop at other posters who’ve said pretty much the same as me. Just to demonstrate you’re not singling me out. You have your view, I have mine. If you think ‘chav’ means a working class person, then you need to put your Guardian away. It’s incredibly patronising, some of us living almost hand to mouth actually have too much pride to act like the underclass. Poverty does not equal a lack of class or respect for society.

I’m probably the least attention seeking striker on here, ffs!

Quick everyone. Give Duracell Funny attention. His view differs from mine!

It’s amazing how easy it is to get chavs to out themselves on here! ;)
I’ve never been called a chav before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back