Pontins - scratters delight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butlins were never all inclusive man. Half the holiday makers would have gone home in a coffin.

All inclusive from a child’s perspective perhaps. All the rides were ‘free’. At 8 years old that’s all I cared about.

That was the last free ride I ever had.

I'm starting to believe that the real scratters of this board are those who start threads such as this.

Another example of the let's all have a go at others, instead of concentration on yourself and family, without feeling the need to dissect what others have, instead of being happy with your own lot.

I await the pack

I went there on a sun £9.50 holiday once , and it really was the worst place I've ever stayed.
Vomit on the outside walkways.
Old and dated
Rooms tired, dirty and stained.
Electric meters, yes you need to pay for your lighting.
Look at the 2nd review in :lol::lol:

Think Dismaland by Banksy but without any of the irony and much more bleak...
38 minutes...from pulling in to reception to leaving to go and stay elsewhere - it took us 38 minutes.
A supposedly bargain price of £80 for three nights convinced my wife and I that it was a lovely cheap opportunity to bring our five month old daughter to the seaside for the first time - thankfully she will have no recollection of this utter anus of a place.

Dated, dirty, depressing and disgusting are only a few words I’d used to sum the place up. I’ve no idea how it keeps going - I think those folk who last longer than 38 minutes are some way indoctrinated throughout their stay to think that the place is nice - Pontins zombies.

The staff clearly know the place is a festering pile of turd too - the chap at the Nisa shop joined in our incredulity at having to fork out £20 for some bed linen - we knew this was an additional cost before we arrived but £20 seemed like someone had smoked some crack before picking up the pricing gun.

The best thing is that it claimed to have had a refurb - now either Stevie Wonder signed off the work for that or they think a miserly lick of paint constitutes a refurb.

If you’re even thinking about booking up then stop - make your way to the nearest mirror and have a word with yourself - then book a flight to Afghanistan as it’ll be more welcoming and less dangerous than this place...

With all the charm of a ballsack wart I would’ve felt ripped off if we’d paid 80p. 38 minutes in this place - Nelson Mandela had it easy on Robben Island in comparison....

Honestly mate it's awful. I think it is the only holiday/break where I have packed up and left a day early.

I'm supposed to be going in August. I've been once, but only as a visitor for 2 days. I just remember it being a bit pricey and quite a few mags in their barcodes being around. Was dead quiet where we were but the 'concert room' in the reception bit was bedlam. Screaming jam eaters and pissed up chavs

Pontins, Blackpool 1974 and a lass from Belfast.

Irene she was....though when her dad came calling for her outside the chalet..(Switzerland this was not) i thought some fucker was looking for 'Harry..Harry..are you there Harry"'..

I felt a twitch writing this.

Butlins Pontins and the like always seem quite pricey whenever ive looked.

its almost always the same or cheaper to go abroad

Prices are ridiculous. And don't get me started on Centerparcs. I think NASA went to the moon for less.

I'm starting to believe that the real scratters of this board are those who start threads such as this.

Another example of the let's all have a go at others, instead of concentration on yourself and family, without feeling the need to dissect what others have, instead of being happy with your own lot.

I await the pack
^^^ pontins lover

Look at the 2nd review in :lol::lol:

Think Dismaland by Banksy but without any of the irony and much more bleak...
38 minutes...from pulling in to reception to leaving to go and stay elsewhere - it took us 38 minutes.
A supposedly bargain price of £80 for three nights convinced my wife and I that it was a lovely cheap opportunity to bring our five month old daughter to the seaside for the first time - thankfully she will have no recollection of this utter anus of a place.

Dated, dirty, depressing and disgusting are only a few words I’d used to sum the place up. I’ve no idea how it keeps going - I think those folk who last longer than 38 minutes are some way indoctrinated throughout their stay to think that the place is nice - Pontins zombies.

The staff clearly know the place is a festering pile of turd too - the chap at the Nisa shop joined in our incredulity at having to fork out £20 for some bed linen - we knew this was an additional cost before we arrived but £20 seemed like someone had smoked some crack before picking up the pricing gun.

The best thing is that it claimed to have had a refurb - now either Stevie Wonder signed off the work for that or they think a miserly lick of paint constitutes a refurb.

If you’re even thinking about booking up then stop - make your way to the nearest mirror and have a word with yourself - then book a flight to Afghanistan as it’ll be more welcoming and less dangerous than this place...

With all the charm of a ballsack wart I would’ve felt ripped off if we’d paid 80p. 38 minutes in this place - Nelson Mandela had it easy on Robben Island in comparison....
:) ‘With all the charm of a ball sack wart’

Prices are ridiculous. And don't get me started on Centerparcs. I think NASA went to the moon for less.
Ctr Parcs is pricey but worth it for me like

I book well in advance if possible and pay and book activities in advance to spread cost.

Lovely relaxing place tbf

:) ‘With all the charm of a ball sack wart’

Ctr Parcs is pricey but worth it for me like

I book well in advance if possible and pay and book activities in advance to spread cost.

Lovely relaxing place tbf
incredulous man in NISA actually just spat my cup of tea out

Anyone ever been to a pontins site before? I’ve never been but I always thought they were on a par with butlins etc. A bit naff but very family geared and a bit cheaper than center parcs with the added bonus of entertainment for the kids.

The reviews suggest otherwise!
Not a patch on Butlins, the apartments are kept spotless and infestations of bed bugs.

We have just booked up to go to the Butlins Blues/Rock weekender next January. Got discount for early booking, gold apartment with upgraded dining for £600.
The music weekends are brilliant mate, me and my lass went to the 80s weekend last year and had a great time.

Last edited:
Used to live near the Southport one (it is actually in Ainsdale). It has always been a shithole and always full of scratters, it has been in disrepair for decades and the staff consist of all the local dross. Worse than all that though is that on the perimeter wall they have security barbed wire - facing inwards - like a prison camp - it looks like it is designed to keep the holidaymakers captive :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back