Pompey, coventry and us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kind of game I love....And hate. Great for the mind but dangerous for the ticker.

The two things you might have to your advantage is that it is a long hard season. They might have dropped off by then. Or if they do keep going as they are now they will already be promoted.

But there is a long way to go yet. Looks like it is down to who are now un the top 10 because of games in hand. And the games in hand are getting very important. For instance Peterborough are on a great run. But they only have 13 games left. We have 16 games left. You have 15 games left. Lots of games involving clubs at the top. Doesn't take a lot to fall away from the pack. Yesterday you had to win just to stay in touch.

Is certainly warming up now.
Games in hand aren't important. Winning the matches you play are important. We had plenty of games in hand last season and could still have won the league with 5 to play but we ended up 5th. Points on the board over games in hand every single time.

We only lost 5 games all season last year and finished 5th. Not losing doesn’t always mean winning.
He keeps quoting that stat on here but it means fuck all. We’d only lost 2 by this stage last season. It’s points in the bag not how few you lose that gets you up.

I think any two from Peterborough, Portsmouth, Rotherham and Coventry for the automatic spots. We’re short of that pack in my opinion.

Peterborough’s run since Maddison’s been exiled is ridiculous. They’re not just beating teams, they’re smashing them. And not just any teams, teams at the top. They always recover from their mid season slump but never usually this early and never usually this emphatically.

It’ll be interesting to see whether Pompey’s big cup tie and/or likely visit to Wembley distracts from their league form or whether the number of games catches up with them.

Last edited:
Coventry v Pompey on Tuesday will be interesting and gives us a chance to draw closer to at least one of them

Rotherham don’t play presumably their bury game

All other top 6 have what would appear easy games

Massive game for Ipswich yesterday, are they out of top 6 for first time this season?

All at the top are on a good run, and remember when Ipswich seemed to be the clear leaders? That was not too long ago. The league is open for anyone, but there is still 5 & 6 points between us and Wycombe and Rotherham. I don't think Wycombe has slipped outside the top two for a few months, where as we keep slipping out of the play-off positions and clawing our way back in.

To me, the key thing at the moment is the next 4 games. All are very winnable games. We never do things the easy way, so I'm not expecting 12 points. But, if we happened to get that, I can see us in 3rd or 4th spot with a gap really starting to open up between us and the places outside the playoffs. After that, build from there.

Last nine games has Rotherham and Portsmouth with more points than anyone else closely followed by us and Coventry. Wycombe and Peterborough both quite a bit behind. You usually need a hell of a run to go up when it's this tight but I feel Peterborough's defence will let them down, Wycombe won't be there either. It's down to Us, Rotherham, Coventry and Portsmouth now. Hopefully Portsmouth's run has come too early but can't see them letting up, I get the feeling it'll be them and Rotherham with us getting beat at Wembley again (I f***ing hate Wembley)

Last nine games has Rotherham and Portsmouth with more points than anyone else closely followed by us and Coventry. Wycombe and Peterborough both quite a bit behind. You usually need a hell of a run to go up when it's this tight but I feel Peterborough's defence will let them down, Wycombe won't be there either. It's down to Us, Rotherham, Coventry and Portsmouth now. Hopefully Portsmouth's run has come too early but can't see them letting up, I get the feeling it'll be them and Rotherham with us getting beat at Wembley again (I f***ing hate Wembley)
Peterborough’s defence hasn’t looked like letting them down on this run mind.

We are 1 point behind Peterborough but we have 3 games in hand over them. And we have only lost 3 games all season. They have played more games than anyone else. If there was mire games left I might agree. But they are running out of time.
Think you got an old table mate, we’re 4 behind Peterborough with 2 games in hand......

Coventry away will be massive...they are our main danger imo.
We are just another game although we are playing well. Draws are not going to be enough for anyone in these games. The teams near the bottom trying to stay up are the dangers many ignore.

I recon either Portsmouth, Coventry or us will be top 2! Last ten games the form guide is looking good. I think Pompy will win the league and I hope we beat coventry to 2nd!

We need to keep the momentum going and not blow up like we did at the end of last season.
Transfer window being closed the off field antics cant effect the rest if the season.
The team seem to be coming together as a group and working for each other. I just hope the mid season dive in results is far behind us!
Portsmouth will fall away, as will Peterborough. They always do

Games in hand aren't important. Winning the matches you play are important. We had plenty of games in hand last season and could still have won the league with 5 to play but we ended up 5th. Points on the board over games in hand every single time.
So winning the games in hand are important but the games in hand are not important?

unless we get a tune out of one of our strikers we will not finish top 2, can’t rely on midfielders scoring the goals needed. Unless things change it will be play offs again IMO

Agreed, there's too many games where it doesn't click and we're relying on a wonder goal to get us the points. Parkinson has us looking solid at the back, we actually play some decent football and at times we look good enough for automatics but I can see too many games where the goal doesn't come. Feel for Parkinson a bit because he's been left without a goalscoring striker. We also need to start performing for 90 minutes, loads of games recently seem to have had one good half and one dreadful one, we need consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back