Pompey, coventry and us!

I recon either Portsmouth, Coventry or us will be top 2! Last ten games the form guide is looking good. I think Pompy will win the league and I hope we beat coventry to 2nd!

We need to keep the momentim going and not blow up like we did at the end of last season.
Transfer window being closed the off field antics cant effect the rest if the season.
The team seem to be coming together as a group and working for each other. I just hope the mid season dive in results is far behind us!
Portsmouth won't win the league, Rotherham will take some catching

Portsmouth won't win the league, Rotherham will take some catching
If we win our two games in hand we go above them. If Portsmouth win their two games in hand they go level with them. And we have to play each other. Long way to go yet.

If we win our two games in hand we go above them. If Portsmouth win their two games in hand they go level with them. And we have to play each other. Long way to go yet.
We are 8 point
Are we talking about Rotherham here? We are 8 pts behind and only have 1 game hand on them

I recon either Portsmouth, Coventry or us will be top 2! Last ten games the form guide is looking good. I think Pompy will win the league and I hope we beat coventry to 2nd!

We need to keep the momentim going and not blow up like we did at the end of last season.
Transfer window being closed the off field antics cant effect the rest if the season.
The team seem to be coming together as a group and working for each other. I just hope the mid season dive in results is far behind us!
Rotherham for me

Personally think Ipswich will struggle to make the top 6. Look to be in pretty dire form for a promotion chasing team and there’s quite a few below (and above) them with games in hand. Lost their last 3 games, fail to win tonight and it could become dire for them.

They kept the ball well against us but struggled to create much going forward - especially in the 2nd half bar the indirect free kick.

We are 1 point behind Peterborough but we have 3 games in hand over them. And we have only lost 3 games all season. They have played more games than anyone else. If there was mire games left I might agree. But they are running out of time.
Goes to show. Your lot looked way off earlier in the season. Must be short odds on bagging one of the automatic spots now. I think you've almost gone about it in a bit of an understated way as well which is more promising, as opposed to say Peterborough who've been banging them in for fun, those kind of winning runs usually end abruptly.

i have in mind a scenario where we both need a point for automatic promotion, we have a late kick off for some random reason and spend 90 minutes playing pass the parcel resulting in a certain other team missing out on going up.
one can only dream.
:lol:
Climb every (Jimmy) hill
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
'Till you find your dream
Maybe because he’s a football fan and is interested in this post?
No true football fan supports them.

Last edited:
The kind of game I love....And hate. Great for the mind but dangerous for the ticker.

The two things you might have to your advantage is that it is a long hard season. They might have dropped off by then. Or if they do keep going as they are now they will already be promoted.

But there is a long way to go yet. Looks like it is down to who are now un the top 10 because of games in hand. And the games in hand are getting very important. For instance Peterborough are on a great run. But they only have 13 games left. We have 16 games left. You have 15 games left. Lots of games involving clubs at the top. Doesn't take a lot to fall away from the pack. Yesterday you had to win just to stay in touch.

Is certainly warming up now.

we failed last season mainly because of our games in hand....these could increase fir all clubs when the snow comes

Wouldn’t rule out Peterborough at the moment, scoring goals for fun
But they have less games left than everyone else. Lose a game now and it will look over for them.
Goes to show. Your lot looked way off earlier in the season. Must be short odds on bagging one of the automatic spots now. I think you've almost gone about it in a bit of an understated way as well which is more promising, as opposed to say Peterborough who've been banging them in for fun, those kind of winning runs usually end abruptly.
We were doing well at home but just couldn't get an away win. Then at the end of last year we won two away games. We are now winning away. But typically we have drawn at home.
No true football fan supports them.
Is that right?

Only one top 6 finish in nearly 50 years. And that was only by GD a couple of years ago. Only one win of note in our history. Yet I travel 200 miles each way to home games. Some games are a 6 hour or more each way. Not my fault I was born where I was. Didn't get much choice on the matter.

Oh sorry I forgot. Must be a glory supporter.
we failed last season mainly because of our games in hand....these could increase fir all clubs when the snow comes
Not taking them for granted. Just a help when winning them would put us 1st place above Rotherham. We know we have it in our own hands and don't depend on other results. And for the first time in a lot of years we have players on the bench that are good enough to be in the 1st team.

Just like last week when we played for 120 minutes against a side a level above us. A few days later we still managed to win with a 90th minute goal. Looks like we might be able to cope with the constant games.

Last edited:

Back