Pompey, coventry and us!

Anyone from the top 10 still. All it takes with some clubs is an injury to a certain player. Or even bookings like with Toney. Two bad results in the games he is out would suddenly change their season. Played more games and behind the pack.

10 mathematically have a realistic shout for sure, but I just don't see Wycombe, Doncaster, Fleetwood or Oxford getting an automatic spot, making a run at the play-offs any of them but top two? I think they are at a slight disadvantage now combined with teams like yourselves on form and have squads without great depth. In essence it would be too much of an ask for five of those six - Rotherham, Posh, you, us, Portsmouth and Ipswich - to all slip up enough to let one of them in.

10 mathematically have a realistic shout for sure, but I just don't see Wycombe, Doncaster, Fleetwood or Oxford getting an automatic spot, making a run at the play-offs any of them but top two? I think they are at a slight disadvantage now combined with teams like yourselves on form and have squads without great depth. In essence it would be too much of an ask for five of those six - Rotherham, Posh, you, us, Portsmouth and Ipswich - to all slip up enough to let one of them in.
Ipswich are gone. Confidence blown to bits. Morale will be low.

Coventry win the league, us second. Rotherham, Pompey, Ipswich and Peterborough in the play offs. Ipswich v Rotherham play off final, Rotherham win on pens. Heard it here first.

Considering, until the start of this year, we never looked remotely like a team that would be in the top six, I'd be over the moon to finish in 2nd spot.

Back