Plus sized model on front cover of Cosmopolitan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being that fat shows a lack of discipline and respect for your body. Shes a bonny lass but all that fat is f***ing horrible, and this is coming from someone who has to really work to keep his weight in check.

Being that fat shows a lack of discipline and respect for your body. Shes a bonny lass but all that fat is f***ing horrible, and this is coming from someone who has to really work to keep his weight in check.
I think she’s a bonny looking lass though. Nice eyes.

Why be so negative about another persons body? That’s her choice.

I think the points are being raised because she has been put on the front cover of a magazine, no one would just randomly shout at her in the street and condemn her or anything. This is about the acceptability of putting an obese model on the front cover, and I agree with the poster who said before that it is as bad as putting a size zero model on the front cover.

Modern standards are shifting and what should be classed as overfat, or obese is dressed up as something else. She's obese and this shouldn't be used as any sort of positive body image campaign

Go on... like her, I'll take the bait...

Is it her choice? Is it really?

You think she actually wants to be that weight/size?

Go on... like her, I'll take the bait...

Is it her choice? Is it really?

You think she actually wants to be that weight/size?

Apparently she's being paid to be a (morbidly obese) model so I'm guessing that's her choice.
A poor choice but there it is.

:)

:lol:Now now.

People put on a front. She's obviously going to milk it for all its with, but I think she's just making do, and would probably like to shift a few stone, if she's honest.
I know what it takes to maintain a weight like hers, she's at the stage in her life where she doesn't give a fuck. She will only change when her weight becomes a problem (diabetes or other health complications I'd guess) and until then she'll just keep on doing what she's doing (she has kids, a bloke who mustn't mind the blubber and a well paid job etc).......she hasn't hit rock bottom yet.

Last edited:
She makes the decisions on what she eats, so yes, clearly her choice.
Her choice to eat, yes. I doubt she sat and thought... "Hmm I'd love to be morbidly obese".

I would guess people comfort eat (for whatever reason) without thinking of the consequences therefore there's no choice involved.

Apparently she's being paid to be a (morbidly obese) model so I'm guessing that's her choice.
A poor choice but there it is.
Was she paid to become morbidly obese or was she already that size?

I'm not disputing her choosing to remain that size, I'm questioning the assertion she chose to become that size in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back