Plus sized model on front cover of Cosmopolitan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouldn’t glorify fat lasses the same way they shouldn’t glorify size 0 models. Neither are healthy.
But people are not the same some women think they are fat when they are skin and bone. Other women look at themselves and eat more to make themselves feel better but only makes the situation worse. I like a woman to be like a woman to be curvey Kelly brook is I'm my mind perfection of the female form

Plus size model Tess Holliday stars on the cover of Cosmo UK | IMAGE.ie

Well done to cosmopolitan and to the lass, who’s endured a lot of cruel comments over the years.

Hopefully this will let any lasses with doubts about their size feel a bit better about themselves, looks like the fashion industry is abandoning the ‘skinny’ look that’s lead to so many eating disorders over the years.

I’m sure that she is a lovely lass, and it’s awful that she has been bullied about her size. However, being that size cannot possibly be good for her. She is setting herself up for a host of medical problems in the future, for example, type 2 diabetes. There are no positive spins.

But people are not the same some women think they are fat when they are skin and bone. Other women look at themselves and eat more to make themselves feel better but only makes the situation worse. I like a woman to be like a woman to be curvey Kelly brook is I'm my mind perfection of the female form

The woman on that cover isn’t curvy, she is obese. There’s a huge difference.

They should but we also shouldn’t be normalising morbid obesity.

Smokers are vilified as a drain on the NHS when fat people are worse.
Depression and self harm are a massive drain on the NHS, if people feel happy about themselves this helps to alleviate the strain.

The woman on that cover isn’t curvy, she is obese. There’s a huge difference.
Well I think you’re just jealous because your lass hasn’t been on there.

I'm all for curvy girls. Plenty of healthy naturally curved lasses.

But she is obese not curvy and that should not be promoted.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder it would seem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back