Plus sized model on front cover of Cosmopolitan

Her choice to eat, yes. I doubt she sat and thought... "Hmm I'd love to be morbidly obese".

I would guess people comfort eat (for whatever reason) without thinking of the consequences therefore there's no choice involved.

Was she paid to become morbidly obese or was she already that size?

I'm not disputing her choosing to remain that size, I'm questioning the assertion she chose to become that size in the first place.
Everyone has a choice.

Her choice to eat, yes. I doubt she sat and thought... "Hmm I'd love to be morbidly obese".

I would guess people comfort eat (for whatever reason) without thinking of the consequences therefore there's no choice involved.

Was she paid to become morbidly obese or was she already that size?

I'm not disputing her choosing to remain that size, I'm questioning the assertion she chose to become that size in the first place.

I don't think anyone could ethically ask someone to become that size just to flog some tents, sorry clothes, to people.
She's not inspirational, she's a terrible example to set anyone.

Her vital organs must be under so much pressure it's ridiculous

Everyone has a choice.
Aye but was the choice "That looks nice, and won't do much harm, especially if I also go to the gym today" (then for whatever reason couldn't get to the gym) or "I want to be morbidly obese from now on, so I'm going to have kebabs for breakfast dinner and tea".

What I'm trying to say is, perhaps she chose to eat, but didn't consciously choose the effects of eating.

Aye but was the choice "That looks nice, and won't do much harm, especially if I also go to the gym today" (then for whatever reason couldn't get to the gym) or "I want to be morbidly obese from now on, so I'm going to have kebabs for breakfast dinner and tea".

What I'm trying to say is, perhaps she chose to eat, but didn't consciously choose the effects of eating.

I think I understand your logic, but honestly, if a person chronically over eats, whether through over-consumption or under-expending, they have chosen the effects - however it might not been their primary reason for over eating in the first place, granted.

Now this woman is incentivised to remain obese, which is a similarly destructive cycle to that of massively underweight models.

It would be good if this woman managed to slim down healthily and demonstrated that her 'body acceptance' helped her lose weight through proper diet and exercise without feeling the need to rush it, or something like that.

Pretty face, morbidly obese and f***ing disgusting.

No respect at all for cosmopolitan promoting this as a healthy body image. Do people even realise what amount of shit you’d have to put in your body to get this size and maintain it? You’re talking 4/5k calories a day man.

Disgusting.

Back