Places you felt most on edge in your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walked through Moss Side after a night match when we lost an FA Cup replay about 1981. Stumbled through the Gorbels in Glasgow once. There was a car with bricks for tyres and a few flats just had windows broken or boarded up. On a trip to NYC, we went to the Bronx to look at the Yankees Stadium like fish out of water. It was starting to go dark and and woman came over to direct us back to the subway with the quote, 'You boys have a safe holiday now.''
Walked through Moss Side after a night match when we lost an FA Cup replay about 1981. Stumbled through the Gorbels in Glasgow once. There was a car with bricks for tyres and a few flats just had windows broken or boarded up. On a trip to NYC, we went to the Bronx to look at the Yankees Stadium like fish out of water. It was starting to go dark and and woman came over to direct us back to the subway with the quote, 'You boys have asafe holiday now.''

Last edited:
Slovakia the night before England played a few year back. The police doing a disappearing act and all the ultras all masked up storming about and eventually storming the bar we were in. Gave as good back but ended up arrested when they ran off and the police magically showed up again. The slovakian police aren't nice.

In a dream ages ago I was going down a very steep road that I took to be that bit of Westgate Road next to the two block of flats (but it didn't look like it) and I was approaching at the bottom a bend in the road beneath a viaduct and a train was going over it. There was a load of mags going to a game and I had a Sunderland shirt on.

Walked through Moss Side after a night match when we lost an FA Cup replay about 1981. Stumbled through the Gorbels in Glasgow once. There was a car with bricks for tyres and a few flats just had windows broken or boarded up. On a trip to NYC, we went to the Bronx to look at the Yankees Stadium like fish out of water. It was starting to go dark and and woman came over to direct us back to the subway with the quote, 'You boys have a safe holiday now.''
Walked through Moss Side after a night match when we lost an FA Cup replay about 1981. Stumbled through the Gorbels in Glasgow once. There was a car with bricks for tyres and a few flats just had windows broken or boarded up. On a trip to NYC, we went to the Bronx to look at the Yankees Stadium like fish out of water. It was starting to go dark and and woman came over to direct us back to the subway with the quote, 'You boys have asafe holiday now.''
feck me marra that would be scary enough once so surprised you went there again

We met a family from Belgrade on holiday a few years ago....and kept in contact with them. They weren't short of a bob or two and asked us over to see them....they lived in a very nice suburb of Belgrade, one night they suggested we take a look at the ( shall we say ) rougher end of the place......Jesus !!....it made the Gorbals and Easterhouse in Glasgow look like Mayfair !

Must of been dodgy if they said it twice

We met a family from Belgrade on holiday a few years ago....and kept in contact with them. They weren't short of a bob or two and asked us over to see them....they lived in a very nice suburb of Belgrade, one night they suggested we take a look at the ( shall we say ) rougher end of the place......Jesus !!....it made the Gorbals and Easterhouse in Glasgow look like Mayfair !
Went to watch Liverpool there a couple of seasons ago. The drive from the airport to the city centre looked grim but once in the city it was fine.

A bar in Doncaster where a fight broke out from nothing.
Another bar in Glasgow where a fight didn't break out but it was a seething caldron of possible violence. Everybody was giving everybody else dirty looks and we were the only scar free customers.
Both were a long time ago though so I'm sure they're fine establishments now.

Soundview, The Bronx, New York. About 10 years ago, me & the wife went for a weeks holiday in New York with friends. My mate hired a car for 3 days to see the outskirts. We only drove through it and I didn’t feel safe, all I could think of was I hope this car doesn’t break down. My mate admitted afterwards that he was terrified and had only drove through there for a laugh! Only time I’ve ever had cross words with him. Everything you see on the telly but worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back