Piers Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan is right on this occasion. People in glass houses etc?

Explain how he's right? Gary Lineker doesn't market crisps to kids.
And even if he does, he's done more for inclusion and understanding than that twat who pretended to vomit a vegan sausage roll and was offended by a razor advert which was pointing out problems with toxic masculinity.
The bloke is an absolute gasbag determined to be appalled by something daily to make himself relevant. Shame on ITV for giving this twat a job

Morgan is such a wrong'n that even when he's right he's still wrong.
Logon or register to see this image
Like I said in my op he's a bell end. Some people just make it too easy for him though by talking bollocks, or acting like their shit doesn't stink as well ;)

Explain how he's right? Gary Lineker doesn't market crisps to kids.
And even if he does, he's done more for inclusion and understanding than that twat who pretended to vomit a vegan sausage roll and was offended by a razor advert which was pointing out problems with toxic masculinity.
The bloke is an absolute gasbag determined to be appalled by something daily to make himself relevant. Shame on ITV for giving this twat a job
He's right in the fact that he is being criticised over his morality by someone that makes a fortune promoting a product that contributes towards ill health and pollution. Morgan is a bell end, but his statement was factual.

Last edited:
Like I said in my op he's a bell end. Some people just make it too easy for him though by talking bollocks, or acting like their shit doesn't stink as well ;)

He's right in the fact that he is being criticised over his morality by someone that makes a fortune promoting a product that contributes towards ill health and pollution. Morgan is a bell end, but his statement was factual.

It's not like he's selling beer and diesel cars though is it.
His statement wasn't totally factual. He slighted it towards kids. Walkers don't market to specifically kids. Their market is anyone.

It's not like he's selling beer and diesel cars though is it.
His statement wasn't totally factual. He slighted it towards kids. Walkers don't market to specifically kids. Their market is anyone.
Only my opinion but the adverts are done in a way that appeal to young and immature minds, that much seems obvious. How is selling crisps any better than selling diesel cars?

Only my opinion but the adverts are done in a way that appeal to young and immature minds, that much seems obvious. How is selling crisps any better than selling diesel cars?

They're certainly not the healthiest of snacks, although they do promote healthy versions of their products.
They only use British potatoes so that's a benefit to the economy I suppose.

Your opinion of their marketing style is not necessarily relevant to what Morgan was saying though. He outright stated "sell crisps to kids".

Why anyone takes him seriously, likes him or listens to him is beyond me. With others of his ilk i kind of see and understand why people are drawn to them. With him i just dont see it.

They're certainly not the healthiest of snacks, although they do promote healthy versions of their products.
They only use British potatoes so that's a benefit to the economy I suppose.

Your opinion of their marketing style is not necessarily relevant to what Morgan was saying though. He outright stated "sell crisps to kids".
Of course it's relevant. The adverts are targeted at a young audience. He makes a conscious choice to sell something very unhealthy (salty and 30% fat) to impressionable young people for personal gain. I wouldn't pillory him for it but he can't take the moral high ground.

You mentioned selling diesel cars. How do you imagine the crisps are moved around the country, or the vast amounts of plastic used in the packaging?

Sometimes it's better to just say nothing when in Lineker's position.

Why anyone takes him seriously, likes him or listens to him is beyond me. With others of his ilk i kind of see and understand why people are drawn to them. With him i just dont see it.
Do you actually think many people take him seriously? If they do it's unfortunate and they're beyond help :lol:.

Last edited:
Has he even got fans? He’s one of them people nobody likes. All he does it seem to put people down but what’s he meant to be good at. Nowt but a prick. I don’t know how he gets on tv.

Of course it's relevant. The adverts are targeted at a young audience. He makes a conscious choice to sell something very unhealthy (salty and 30% fat) to impressionable young people for personal gain. I wouldn't pillory him for it but he can't take the moral high ground.

You mentioned selling diesel cars. How do you imagine the crisps are moved around the country, or the vast amounts of plastic used in the packaging?

Sometimes it's better to just say nothing when in Lineker's position.

Do you actually think many people take him seriously? If they do it's unfortunate and they're beyond help :lol:.

I'll consent and say he's not blameless, I'd say it's extremely rich of Morgan to even attempt to take the moral high-ground.
Ever.

I agree. I still like (love) eating meat but I find myself eating less and less and whatever I do eat I buy from a good butcher, not the cheap shit. It's my personal choice and I don't wave a flag or blow an air horn on the subject. It probably makes me a hypocrite eating any meat at all but if everybody cut down a little bit on meat consumption I think it would be a positive step for lots of reasons.
Just write on the internet about it? ;)

And I assume you tell anyone that will listen to you :rolleyes:

I am surprised in the last 24 hours he hasn't had a heart attack, given all that's been going on, if Greggs Vegan Sausage roles, gets him fuming, I wonder what the new Gillette advert must have him, spitting too.

I am surprised in the last 24 hours he hasn't had a heart attack, given all that's been going on, if Greggs Vegan Sausage roles, gets him fuming, I wonder what the new Gillette advert must have him, spitting too.

You never know, there could be an advert just waiting to finish him off on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back