Phil Parkinson - Is he really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source ??? Are you fuckin kiddin...do you read the papers ? Do you follow online media..get a fuckin grip..not common knowledge it was fact and widley reported the lad from Barnsley,Nigel Pearson andAinsworth were interviewed..source my arse

How much did those 2 want to spend though, they might of wanted daft money.

Yesterday he looked extremely downhearted as the enormity of the task probably sunk in. He's quite likely to weed out the pea-hearts after their failure to react.

Source ??? Are you fuckin kiddin...do you read the papers ? Do you follow online media..get a fuckin grip..not common knowledge it was fact and widley reported the lad from Barnsley,Nigel Pearson andAinsworth were interviewed..source my arse

Bloody hell. Having a bad day mate?

Ainsworth.. not sure if he'd be much better. Stendel amd Pearson werent really widely reported as keen. We dont know what goes on behind the scenes anyway.

After seeing all the negative comments about his appointment i am wondering is he really that bad as i haven't heard of him if im honest. I know we are league 1 now and maybe expect too much but is it a backwards step or do you really think he can get us promoted. I see his teams don't seem to concede many goals but i guess that he must put 11 men behind the ball which would not be good to watch. Anyways just looking for some honest craic about him
mag

Cheapest option I’m assuming, problem is the players he has inherited from JR are not goood enough for this shit league.
Let’s see what happens in January , players going out and in, if it’s the same as JR he can fuck off as well.

TBF in his interview after yesterdays game he intimated that the players aren't putting up enough fight. Looks like he's here for this year at least. Let's see what happens in Jan - he should have more idea about decent players for this league than Ross.

After seeing all the negative comments about his appointment i am wondering is he really that bad as i haven't heard of him if im honest. I know we are league 1 now and maybe expect too much but is it a backwards step or do you really think he can get us promoted. I see his teams don't seem to concede many goals but i guess that he must put 11 men behind the ball which would not be good to watch. Anyways just looking for some honest craic about him

No I think he's better than Ross in that he appears to have a plan. The current issue is the distinct lack of quality in the squad to execute it.

I don't know why people are slating the appointment, probably because it's not a well known name

Some people would rather have Phillips because he was a good player and that's the only reasoning behind it

People are slating the appointment because his record overall in 16 years of management is woeful. And that looks like continuing here. His glass ceiling is scrabbling you avoid relegation from the championship. I hope you’re f***ing happy.

It’s pointless calling for him to be sacked already.

He’s the perfect choice for the owners. Cheap and won’t give them any hassle.

Our owner can’t be bothered with the clubs fans anymore, he’s certainly not wanting to be bothered a manager. Parkinson comes across as someone who’s just happy to be here.

He's a bloke that has been successful at a few clubs at this level over the years, but a quick glance at his record shows that if you disregard that one season at Bolton as an aberration he's been most successful at clubs where he's been given time without any expectations.

What we needed was an 'impact' manager, someone with a track record of immediately improving teams over a period of months rather than seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back