PES 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Played the 18 demo and I know it's just a beta version but I thought it was poor, I got bored of 17 quickly too.

Don't know if it's just me but in modern footy games the players are like Craig Gardner. Take forever to turn, move or just have any quickness to their game at all. They are so sluggish and unresponsive it's ridiculous.

I find football games extremely boring these days, PES golden era is long gone IMO. It's all about the image of the game now and getting player faces right rather than actually enjoying the gameplay. Goals never feel satisfying either, most of them feel scripted. Old PES every goal felt different and if you've actually done it yourself. Rant over.

I'm finding it sluggish and unresponsive too, kind of like an there's an input lag. Like Fifa :confused:

Will see how the demo plays before getting it as I'm enjoying PES2017, so might just stick with that if it doesn't improve.

Not even considering getting FIFA this year, the scripting has just got ridiculous.

I really enjoyed 2017, each player felt unique in the way they played. Early days to be concrete on 2018 but i like it. Defence is better as it focusses on smart setup and keeping a solid back line. Love the slowed down gameplay, imo goals scored after some amazing passing and movement tops any solo dribble goal. The lag is there at times but that'll be due to online beta. After all the beta is there to fix these issues in the full release.

Just played a couple of random games, keep pinging the ball over the bar thinking it's FIFA and pressing circle to shoot. Played against a guy called MickySAFC1988 and we were both doing it :lol:

I'll be buying this instead of FIFA this year for the first time. Little basic things that it does better than FIFA, like pausing the game during a match, once you click ready on FIFA you have to wait 35 seconds or so, staring at a screen until your opponent is ready. On this you can go back and change your team some more. Much less infuriating.

Just played a couple of random games, keep pinging the ball over the bar thinking it's FIFA and pressing circle to shoot. Played against a guy called MickySAFC1988 and we were both doing it :lol:

I'll be buying this instead of FIFA this year for the first time. Little basic things that it does better than FIFA, like pausing the game during a match, once you click ready on FIFA you have to wait 35 seconds or so, staring at a screen until your opponent is ready. On this you can go back and change your team some more. Much less infuriating.

If it's anything like last years then the single player will be the best part

If it's anything like last years then the single player will be the best part
I mainly play the single player modes, hopefully they are even better for pes 2018. really looking forward to master league and rebuilding sunderland in the championship.

Reactions: UTW
Tried that 3v3 mode today and I can honestly say it was the worst experience I've ever had playing online. Team mates just chasing the ball all over, one of them didn't try to pass once, literally just got the ball and ran towards their goal, even with our goalkeeper. Fuck playing this online.

Tried that 3v3 mode today and I can honestly say it was the worst experience I've ever had playing online. Team mates just chasing the ball all over, one of them didn't try to pass once, literally just got the ball and ran towards their goal, even with our goalkeeper. Fuck playing this online.
I think this is the worst of the online experience, once the game is released and you can join an online clan, or whatever they are calling the online groups, you'll find it will be a lot better. Although i do share your current pain, i'm yet to win a 3 v Comp yet and I've played 12 times, there's always one idiot who never defends properly and goes on solo runs all game.
The comp is on superstar difficulty mind, been impressed with how the comp plays too.

Sounds like GTA online, Destiny, FIFA etc... you need to play with mates online rather than randoms.

Will be like Pro Clubs Drop In matches in FIFA, i.e filled with selfish bastards who refuse to pass. Saying that, my first 3v3 was quite decent, everyone was playing as a team......second match though, well, as above. :neutral:

So aye, you'll have to play with mates to actually enjoy it.

I played a few games. It was okay online but it never feels that responsive to me.

I expect offline modes to be as good as last year or better. Still have much more fun playing against my mates on this (offline) than any other football game

I played a few games. It was okay online but it never feels that responsive to me.

I expect offline modes to be as good as last year or better. Still have much more fun playing against my mates on this (offline) than any other football game
That's it like. Offline is boring as hell and online can be a mess. Human v human and it's superb

I think when the full game comes out, you will be able to play with your mates and create a team. Should make it a much better experience.

Dilemma. Xbox One version will have a 4k update for the Xbox one X but the PS4 has the option files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back