Pep wants League Cp scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely.

FA Cup games get their own weekends in the fixture list. I'm not sure how much more focus they could be given.

Not the later stages, it's quite often a big premier league game will overshadow the quarter/semi finals. Let's make all FA Cup weekends league free then they are the main point of interest and those still in the cup don't get a backlog of fixtures.

Exclusion from the league cup if you're playing in a European competition seems to be the sensible compromise to me.
Ease the fixture congestion for the top teams playing in Europe and increase the chances of others to win a trophy at Wembley.

I like the League Cup personally, and the 2 legged semi finals, it makes the final a lot more appealing if you get there.

And the CL should be cut down, but it wont happen.

Rubbish, why dont we get rid of the Champions League groups and go straight to a knock out of just the champions of each division? No? Cos they pay big money.

If anything the league cup is a good chance for lower league and the weaker premier league teams to have a chance of winning. No reason the bigger clubs have to play strong sides, put out kids. But the fact teams have squads of 20-30 decent players now they shouldn't have any issues in naming a good side each game. Its a load of bull.

I couldn't agree more, but Pep, Klopp and the other managers of the top 6 won't.
Klopp was whinging about the ANC being played in the winter, reckon's Liverpool have a disadvantage next season because Salah & Mane will be involved

They need to be told to shut the fuck up and get on with it, they've got a squad of players so rotate if need be. I've got no doubt though that they'll be pandered to eventually though and we'll see a winter break or lose one of the cups.

We have the best pyramid and domestic competitions in the world imo. Nothing needs to be changed.

Exclusion from the league cup if you're playing in a European competition seems to be the sensible compromise to me.
Ease the fixture congestion for the top teams playing in Europe and increase the chances of others to win a trophy at Wembley.

Would mean the winners would never get a chance to defend their cup which doesn't seem right

I like it as a competition in fact every round, aside from Final, should be back to two legs in my opinion.
Far too much pandering to moaning clubs in the Champions League. They already get the majority of the cash yet want more by way of scrapping a historic competition because it causes a slight disturbance to their grand plans of getting wealthier still.
Champions League places to the cup winners would solve the problem although I imagine UEFA might step in to scupper that.

The League Cup is the trophy that kept City afloat between 1970 and winning the league in the money years. Bring back FA Cup replays from the 3rd round, add some proper fixture fatigue and excitement. The steamroller of additional boring European matches is where he should be kicking up a fuss.
Doubt he would be saying that if they were out of the FA cup and CL
Already out of the League
Doubt he would be saying that if they were out of the FA cup and CL
Already out of the League

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back