Pep wants League Cp scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish he'd binned the fukin 2nd half off when we were 1 nil up.

A League Cup win to them and their fans meant nothing in the scheme of things...to us it would have meant the world!

if he played the u17s then they'd be knocked out in the first round. same result for him as scrapping the whole thing. sorted.

the phrase tough shit comes to mind. its a disadvantage to african players as it makes clubs less inclined to buy them, but they have to factor that in. they have so much money they can just buy an equivalent player to replace them in the summer.
Pep, Klopp, Mourinho are just getting there excuses in early. Sick of listening to them. They might want to try managing Bury, Bolton, Southend or Macclesfield at the moment

Pep can fuck off.

It wouldn't ease fixture congestion for the elite clubs because they would just replace the fixtures with more champions league fixtures.

Until Champions League tv revenue is distributed more fairly, i.e. distributed across the whole of the football pyramid back to the clubs whose fans pay to watch it then the long term future of football is in danger.

I don't know the figures but I wonder what percentage of Champions League TV revenue originates in the pockets of fans of non champions league football clubs, all of us are paying for bt, sky, amazon whatever subscriptions and all of the money is going to Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona etc etc. The gap will just get bigger and bigger.

It's the biggest issue in football and has been for years.

Make it optional.....they can opt out if they want.
is he also against the extra 4 champions league games?
This. Never hear the top clubs saying let's stop all the group games and go back to knockout as it used to be with less clubs from each country. Greed is taking/taken over.

Couldn't agree less. Pre-season tours around the world and extra champions League games can go first thanks.
Absolutely.
Got to agree with him, play a few more league matches midweek earlier in the season so the FA Cup can have a bit more focus later on in the season.
FA Cup games get their own weekends in the fixture list. I'm not sure how much more focus they could be given.

Last edited:
Pep Guardiola wants League Cup to be scrapped to ease fixture congestion

Thoughts? I personally agree - and it would give the FA Cup a bit more focus and priority for teams.
Give that and the FA cup 2 champions league places with the UEFA cup games going to third and 4th in the league. Then make it optional, so that city can concentrate on the league if they wish. See what he complains about then.
Couldn't agree less. Pre-season tours around the world and extra champions League games can go first thanks.
Well said that man.

The pre and post season tours were the first thing I thought about when I heard about his moaning on the radio this morning like.

No need to scrap it like but I think we need to find a way to have a winter break. Thought we were meant to be getting one anyway? It’s mad teams playing every 3 days. The players can conditioned by the best around but regardless the human body and mind can only function to its capacity for so long plus it’s a costly thing for fans to be bouncing around the country weekend, mid week then weekend again. Something needs doing to spread it around and give players, clubs and fans some sort of break. Just my opinion of course.

Fuck off Pep. Why should we have to pander to these teams.

Irrespective of my opinion on the League Cup, Pep can fuck off. Ever since he arrived, despite having the most resources of any manager in the country (if not the whole world), he's done nothing but complain about how things are in England.

- He doesn't like playing over Christmas/New Year
- He doesn't like not having B Teams in the lower divisions
- He doesn't like Mitre footballs
- He doesn't like the League Cup

Fuck off then.

Google is your friend
I really don't understand why its a thing. They're both cups, they have - beyond FA Cup round 3 - the same teams in it (99%). Its a bit daft.
I guess back in the day, the extra games were needed for gate reciepts, but those days have largely gone - and having one, slightly bigger cup with more prestige would quite possibly increase revenues whilst reducing the number of games in the top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back