People with BMWs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has the M badge on. It’s official name is an M140i.

I’ve seen loads of chippy M badges that have been put on msport cars and they look shite. Any msport badges fitted from the factory on msport models are on the front wing only.

If I saw your car I'd know the M belonged instantly. It's these base spec ones that some need to put the badge on for some reason. Sometimes even in the wrong place

I'll be in the market for a new car in about 2 months. As a single gent with no kids, I was thinking a BMW 1 series m sport- comfortable drive, nice interior, look smart.

If I saw your car I'd know the M belonged instantly. It's these base spec ones that some need to put the badge on for some reason. Sometimes even in the wrong place
Aye, it looks terrible. One came flying up my arse on Houghton cut when I was heading home earlier, pulled in to let him past and it was a 320d with a daft M badge on the back.

Mine has the M badge on. It’s official name is an M140i.

I’ve seen loads of chippy M badges that have been put on msport cars and they look shite. Any msport badges fitted from the factory on msport models are on the front wing only.

The easiest way to tell if it should have an M badge is the numbers next to it. If they’re in italic then it shouldn’t. If the numbers are upright then it should.

Logon or register to see this image

Aye, it looks terrible. One came flying up my arse on Houghton cut when I was heading home earlier, pulled in to let him past and it was a 320d with a daft M badge on the back.

I have an m140 as well. No way am I changing for the new M135 like :lol:

The easiest way to tell if it should have an M badge is the numbers next to it. If they’re in italic then it shouldn’t. If the numbers are upright then it should.

I have an m140 as well. No way am I changing for the new M135 like :lol:
I think they’ve made a mistake with the new one, no 3 litre straight 6!

Not a chance will I go from this to the new m135.

I think they’ve made a mistake with the new one, no 3 litre straight 6!

Not a chance will I go from this to the new m135.

Exactly right. Their research showed that people didn’t realise the 1 series was rear wheel drive but I bet every single person who has an M140 will and the fact this one is just a rebadged Mini makes it even worse.

Exactly right. Their research showed that people didn’t realise the 1 series was rear wheel drive but I bet every single person who has an M140 will and the fact this one is just a rebadged Mini makes it even worse.
I think the M140i will become a bit of an iconic car in years to come.

How can it be elitist if loads of have people have them? Are you sure it's not just a jealousy thing?

I could buy one tomorrow if I wanted mate. I despise the whole culture around cars and have rarely had one in my life. They're an absolute scourge on society and its about time government legislated against the horsepower arms race going on with them.

Mine had the exhaust death rattle when I first bought it so they replaced it with the M Performance exhaust. The ground shakes when i turn the engine on :lol:
That rattle was horrific, some upgrade though for people who had it.

Mines the new shitty WLTP or whatever they call it, the standard exhaust is a bit too quiet.

I’m actually interested in the new M135i. Had a 1 series years ago and while the RWD was fun it was a pain in the 2/3 months of crap weather we get every year. This put me off getting another BMW. Plus I always thought the interiors were a bit drab.

The new haldex type 4WD appeals to me and the new interior looks a real step up in quality.

I know petrol heads will prefer the older M140i, but to me the new model looks to be a very good all rounder.

That rattle was horrific, some upgrade though for people who had it.

Mines the new shitty WLTP or whatever they call it, the standard exhaust is a bit too quiet.

Yeah I saw that they’d made some changes to the exhaust for the new regs. It’s a shame as the cold start is easily the best sounding engine of any hatchback out there.

I’m actually interested in the new M135i. Had a 1 series years ago and while the RWD was fun it was a pain in the 2/3 months of crap weather we get every year. This put me off getting another BMW. Plus I always thought the interiors were a bit drab.

The new haldex type 4WD appeals to me and the new interior looks a real step up in quality.

I know petrol heads will prefer the older M140i, but to me the new model looks to be a very good all rounder.

Just stick winter tyres on it and drive in eco pro mode.

I changed from a 1 series to 4 series Msport coupe and I f***ing love it.
The 8 speed auto box is a dream. Never going back to manual again.

What does it really matter. I’ve been driving a Vauxhall Corsa for the last 10 years and I’m happy with it. I’ve recently come into some money and I thinking about buying a new car something I will keep for awhile. I’m thinking about either a golf GTi or a mini cooper S. I don’t really care about what people think it’s something personal decision
Your husband would be able to drive the golf aswell ,couldn’t see him getting in the mini .
I know I wouldn’t .

Changing my 1 series for 330d x-drive touring next month - it has got a small Mbadge on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back