Pensioner kills Burglar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally different then
Well you can’t get much more excessive than murder in self defence can you.
I’m glad the old fella didn’t get jail by the way. Tony Martin went to jail for exactly the same thing if ya want to split hairs. I’m only commenting on the fact that some get jail some don’t. The justice system is not fair.

I’m glad the old fella didn’t get jail by the way. Tony Martin went to jail for exactly the same thing if ya want to split hairs. I’m only commenting on the fact that some get jail some don’t. The justice system is not fair.

Here we go again!

I’ll happily split those hairs.

Tony Martin shot the lad in the back whilst he was running away from the scene. There’s a bit of difference there.

There’s no such thing as murder in self defence. If you have to kill someone to defend yourself or another it isn’t murder unless the force was disproportionate to the situation.

It was mate why would I lie? Someone was trying to get in his house he went to the door with a knife and the lad ran at him in the door way so he stabbed him a witness even seen the incident and heard the dialogue between them. Still got life. I would post the echo link but he is my pal and it would be unfair.

Was the burglar also armed?

Because if he wasn’t, that would be a key difference between this case in the OP and your mate.

Last edited:

Tony Martin shot the lad in the back whilst he was running away from the scene. There’s a bit of difference there.

There’s no such thing as murder in self defence. If you have to kill someone to defend yourself or another it isn’t murder unless the force was disproportionate to the situation.

Because if he wasn’t, that would be a key difference between this case in the OP and your mate.
Not sure about the being armed not like. I see your point.

Aye my mate was drunk so it’s totally different.

Last edited:

Erm...tony martin shot the guy in the back as he is running away. Thats not self defence

My friend did 15 year for the same thing, murder ‘excessive use of force in self defence’ 2002 iirc Sunderland lad. I just think it’s crazy how some do and some don’t.
You shouldn't be asking how this guy avoided jail, you should be asking why your mate was jailed if it was similar circumstances.

If I had one (or more people) pushing me about and threatening me in my own home, damn right I'd stab (or do whatever necessary to) them.

The case will have been judged on what he ‘felt’ not what actually happened. He must have said he knew he was running away.

If evidence showed he was running away he will have been seen to have lied if he said if he felt in fear of immediate violence

Not a violent person just happened to be threatening a pensioner in his own kitchen with a screwdriver. Karma.

If evidence showed he was running away he will have been seen to have lied if he said if he felt in fear of immediate violence
How can they tell you lying if it’s feeling. Remember kenny noye? Killed a copper in his garden.

Not a violent person just happened to be threatening a pensioner in his own kitchen with a screwdriver. Karma.
What do you reckon try should do with burglars? Or do you think the the current sentencing is spot on?

Last edited:
The case will have been judged on what he ‘felt’ not what actually happened. He must have said he knew he was running away.

I’d imagine forensic examination and ballistics would have confirmed that without his say so.

They never are.

Mental isn’t it.

Every drug dealer, burglar, gang member or any other wrong’un that dies by the sword is always a lovely lad really.

Last edited:
It was mate why would I lie? Someone was trying to get in his house he went to the door with a knife and the lad ran at him in the door way so he stabbed him a witness even seen the incident and heard the dialogue between them. Still got life. I would post the echo link but he is my pal and it would be unfair.
Erm, that's not the same at all?

Tony Martin wasnt the same either. No where near

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back