Pensioner kills Burglar

Status
Not open for further replies.
She pointed him out in Spain iirc. Poor bugger.

Aye I get that but my point is the law states that you will judged on how you feel at the time, so it’s impossible to tell someone how they ‘honestly’ feel. Kenny noye would have been scared all right not guilty. So was my mate when a lad tried to rush in his front door. Guilty
He didn't convince the jury he was scared, there's been a lot of discussion lately about juries and their inability to understand the law and it's meanings especially in fraud cases, having been involved in a case where someone was wrongly found guilty something needs to be done. What is the problem, 1 just could have found your mate guilty and another innocent, that's not right.

Aye I get that but my point is the law states that you will judged on how you feel at the time, so it’s impossible to tell someone how they ‘honestly’ feel. Kenny noye would have been scared all right not guilty. So was my mate when a lad tried to rush in his front door. Guilty

It's not just how you feel though, it's the reaction to the perceived threat.

Drugged up burglars force way into pensioners home with tools etc and threaten him.... dont wish death on anyone but that old fella was entitled to stand up to the scum.
If the pensioner won, so be it.
<< this, even more so bearing in mind his wife was in the home too , if you chase somebody down the road with a weapon then that becomes a different case but within your property you should be able to defend at all costs if your family are inside at the time

<< this, even more so bearing in mind his wife was in the home too , if you chase somebody down the road with a weapon then that becomes a different case but within your property you should be able to defend at all costs if your family are inside at the time
exactly....nail on head mate.

How can they tell you lying if it’s feeling. Remember kenny noye? Killed a copper in his garden.

What do you reckon try should do with burglars? Or do you think the the current sentencing is spot on?

Ballistics showing an entry and possibly an exit wound will easily show how he was shot. Entry and exit size will shoe distance shot at and position of the body.
Doesnt matter what he says. Forensics dont usually lie. People do. Evidence will no doubt have then been seen as unreliable. Once the suspect becomes that, calls in question everything else he says.
Simple answer. It wasnt self defence

Ballistics showing an entry and possibly an exit wound will easily show how he was shot. Entry and exit size will shoe distance shot at and position of the body.
Doesnt matter what he says. Forensics dont usually lie. People do. Evidence will no doubt have then been seen as unreliable. Once the suspect becomes that, calls in question everything else he says.
Simple answer. It wasnt self defence
It was a shotgun wasn't it? So very easy to tell if victim was facing the gun at the time. The spread of the shot, whether the plastic plug (that's between the shot and the wadding and explosive in the shell) also hit the target, and whether there's any carbon reside around the wound will give a fair approximation of the distance.

Noye would not have been able to prove from reading on here that he was in 'immediate' danger.
The scenario you used with a fake gun instantly ramps up the fear due to nature of firearms. They kill immediately from distance. Knives and other pointy things dont. You cant fear immediate violence against you when there are walls and locked doors between you. In the scenario of the cop in the bushes, he would have felt threatened yeah, but in fear of immediate violence when he has put himself in further harm by going outside rather than staying inside and contacting police? No

Noye would not have been able to prove from reading on here that he was in 'immediate' danger.
The scenario you used with a fake gun instantly ramps up the fear due to nature of firearms. They kill immediately from distance. Knives and other pointy things dont. You cant fear immediate violence against you when there are walls and locked doors between you. In the scenario of the cop in the bushes, he would have felt threatened yeah, but in fear of immediate violence when he has put himself in further harm by going outside rather than staying inside and contacting police? No
So how did he get not guilty.

Thats like asking about one thing when there could be 100 other things to take into consideration that may effect a case
We know he killed a policeman (rip)
He got found not guilty, the jury were took to the scene and cleared him of murder as they concluded he acted in lawful self defence. He later went in to........ 1. Fence money from the brinks Matt robbery and murder and lad in the m25.
My point is it was the way he felt at that point he was judged on not the fact he went outside armed, not that he was a known criminal under surveillance, not that the policeman was there just doing his job.
To me it was the wrong decision which led to more criminal activity and another man being killed.
Like my friend who went to the door armed and killed someone who tried to enter his house unlawfully but was found guilty.

We know he killed a policeman (rip)
He got found not guilty, the jury were took to the scene and cleared him of murder as they concluded he acted in lawful self defence. He later went in to........ 1. Fence money from the brinks Matt robbery and murder and lad in the m25.
My point is it was the way he felt at that point he was judged on not the fact he went outside armed, not that he was a known criminal under surveillance, not that the policeman was there just doing his job.
To me it was the wrong decision which led to more criminal activity and another man being killed.
Like my friend who went to the door armed and killed someone who tried to enter his house unlawfully but was found guilty.

A case like that is never as simple as you have wrote it though. Especially if a jury is taken to visit a scene. If only they were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back