PC gone mad or the right decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Buckley said she had been to the cinema before with her other child to special "Babes in Arms" showings where infants can attend screenings in the morning and afternoons with parents.

I take it this was not a "Babes in Arms" showing, so that statement is irrelevant. It's entirely the correct decision from the cinema. I'm not even sure it's worth debating, let alone running to the press in the first place.

If it was a "Babes in Arms" showing, the cinema might well be in legal trouble, given that thefilms shown have to be 12A, PG or U films.

Totally agree. I had to stand outside the bookies last year with my 1 year old asleep in his buggy whist my mate went in a put the bets on due to age restrictions, they're there for a reason.

Whenever I go shopping with the youngest I always let him tap my card for the contactless. On the odd occasion I buy alcohol I have been waiting for a jobsworth to say he can’t do it as technically it’s an underage purchase. Hasn’t happened yet though the daily mail will be outraged to hear.

Totally agree. I had to stand outside the bookies last year with my 1 year old asleep in his buggy whist my mate went in a put the bets on due to age restrictions, they're there for a reason.

Should’ve asked for odds on an abandoned baby in a pushchair being found outside their shop

Wait, you're actually on her side? :lol:

Unbelievable.
No - More made up stuff! :D You're on form with this in the last half hour or so.

I think parents of young children should be able to take children to the cinema, and that's why cinemas put on such events. This wasn't one, so tough.
I was merely answering the question "Who would want to take a 4 week old baby into a cinema?". :D

No - More made up stuff! :D You're on form with this in the last half hour or so.

I think parents of young children should be able to take children to the cinema, and that's why cinemas put on such events. This wasn't one, so tough.
I was merely answering the question "Who would want to take a 4 week old baby into a cinema?". :D
Ah reet, fair enough.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with taking a baby into a cinema, but, if they have rules against it then tough shit. They allow babies in for 12A films but this one was a 15 so she was refused. It's a non-story.

Selfish twat trying to the bairn in anyway. You have a child tuppance. This means sometimes you can't do the same stuff you used to.

Ah reet, fair enough.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with taking a baby into a cinema, but, if they have rules against it then tough shit. They allow babies in for 12A films but this one was a 15 so she was refused. It's a non-story.
I've been to these cheap mornings they put on at weekends. It's bad enough with kids being kids, but couple it in with screaming babies and tone deaf parents doing unprompted singalongs and it can be a nightmare. The kids enjoy it mind.

That's at screenings where everyone is obviously allowed and it only costs about £2 to get in.

I'd be apoplectic I've I'd paid full whack to listen to bairns screaming.

Aw poor thing. We've all been there. It's called having a kid, and tough shit
We've all been where? The cinema? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back