Pasta sauces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, tomato?

Marcella Hazan is all you need.

Anchovies puts me off to be honest.
They totally melt into the sauce so you just get all of the taste. It's really tasty like. I wasn't sure about the anchovies at first, I've only really started with puttanesca in the last few weeks and it's probably my favourite pasta sauce now.

They totally melt into the sauce so you just get all of the taste. It's really tasty like. I wasn't sure about the anchovies at first, I've only really started with puttanesca in the last few weeks and it's probably my favourite pasta sauce now.
Aye, I kna they're meant to be more seasoning that owt else. Maybe I'll get some in and give it a whirl.

Reactions: mux
Cut n paste the hower - it wants is to subscribe.
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups tomatoes, in addition to their juices (for example, a 28-ounce can of San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes)
  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
  • Salt
PREPARATION
  1. Combine the tomatoes, their juices, the butter and the onion halves in a saucepan. Add a pinch or two of salt.
  2. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally, mashing any large pieces of tomato with a spoon. Add salt as needed.
  3. Discard the onion before tossing the sauce with pasta. This recipe makes enough sauce for a pound of pasta.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups tomatoes, in addition to their juices (for example, a 28-ounce can of San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes)
  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
  • Salt
PREPARATION
  1. Combine the tomatoes, their juices, the butter and the onion halves in a saucepan. Add a pinch or two of salt.
  2. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally, mashing any large pieces of tomato with a spoon. Add salt as needed.
  3. Discard the onion before tossing the sauce with pasta. This recipe makes enough sauce for a pound of pasta.
:lol: Christ.

Pumpkin and sage with brown butter and parmesan. Had it last night on gnocchi. Can replace the pumpkin with butternut squash if you like.

I make this one as my base, I use a handblender before I add the basil. Canny with smoked bacon and meatballs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back