Parkrun Thread

Interesting. The Sunderland one has changed slightly now that the steep bit at the start has now been tagged onto the steep bit at the end.
I haven't done it since the change but I've been sick on the finish line more than once on the old course.
I'd say the new route is harder like. Doing the full hill in one go is a killer.

Thinking about it....

Btw I was just googling Sunderland Parkrun and found this site which is rather interesting!

parkrun Elevation Rankings - Which courses are the flattest?
Very interesting that. Thanks.

Managed to get to the last 2 horden park runs and enjoyed them. Never raced against clock of any sorts for about 18 month and badly paced myself on the first week. Got round in around 28.30. This week managed my pace much better and took 90 seconds off it

My first park runs for about 2 year so set myself up a new profile to start from scratch as it were. The days may be gone when I could do hartlepool in around 22 minutes:oops::lol:

Managed to get to the last 2 horden park runs and enjoyed them. Never raced against clock of any sorts for about 18 month and badly paced myself on the first week. Got round in around 28.30. This week managed my pace much better and took 90 seconds off it

My first park runs for about 2 year so set myself up a new profile to start from scratch as it were. The days may be gone when I could do hartlepool in around 22 minutes:oops::lol:

Don't be too sure. Before this year my parkrun pb (set at Hartlepool) was from 2015 & I'd been getting gradually slower & even up to July this year was still getting progressively slower times. Then in August I knocked 92 secs off my 10K pb in September I knocked 54secs off my parkrun pb & 6:58 off my ½ Marathon pb, at the GNR of all places, then in October knocked 34secs off my 5mile pb.

Good site that, Gibside and Blackhill are ridiculous mind.

You should try Flatts Lane parkrun in Middlesbrough. 380ft elevation, a beast of a course.

According to my Strava which gets data from my Samsung frontier smart watch I was 20 seconds faster than my PB in yesterday's park run but my official time had me 7 seconds slower

Hmmm, it's an odd one that. I'm guessing your Strava had you down as 26:49? That rules out the usual human error issue of tokens not being given out in the correct order as no-one else is listed as finishing around that time (I've been robbed of 2 pbs by that one in the past). It's unlikely that both timekeepers (assuming there were 2?) were that far out on a single time.

Probably a gps or watch issue. I've had loads of anomalies over the years where my watch hasn't been able to pick up a satelite for a few polling intervals or the watch has interpreted turns as pauses & not restarted the timer straight away. Probably worth checking if your watch has an auto pause feature & if so turn it off.

Done riverside park run this morning, 19:54 after being poorly for a few days. Very happy with that since it wasn't balls out.

Good to see moo doing Sunderland. Must have been hungover looking at his time.

Done riverside park run this morning, 19:54 after being poorly for a few days. Very happy with that since it wasn't balls out.

Good to see moo doing Sunderland. Must have been hungover looking at his time.
He was. Beery burping his way round the lakes. :oops:

Last edited:
I volunteered at whitley bay today. Over 500 runners.

Unbelievable the amount of complaints from runners contesting their times we have had

Also, moaning about not accepting mobile copies of barcode or no barcode no time rule.... Almost lost my temper a few times... Thankfully its just a small percentage who like to moan...

Anyone done the Keswick one? There in a couple of weeks and would like to give it a go if I get out of my pit in time. Admittedly, the fact that I don't drink now but will be having an all day session on the Friday makes it unlikely, but stranger things have happened.:lol:

Back