Parkrun Thread

Whitley Bay changing the route from this weekend. Primarily due to the high numbers getting there meaning the finish on the links was getting too busy.... Getting over 500 regularly each week now.

Did you do it Yesterday ? How was it ? Loved the previous route despite it being consistently too long

It was good although measured just short but can't complain as it is free and run by volunteers . Another 500+ turnout.

My wife is on the core parkrun group that runs it and says they had no option but to move it due to the numbers and the fact there were runners climbing onto the golden bridge when it was water logged before Xmas.

Hopefully when Blyth starts up it may take the numbers away

Knocked out a 21.09 yesterday which came as a bit of a surprise. Course was slightly longer than usual narl according to my good friend Daniel's special watch.
3.14 in September. 3.18 yesterday. They have moved the finish line further away.

Still only done it the once but thinking of going again this Saturday. Did the route last night and got under 26, so think I can get under 25 again by Saturday.

Reckon I could get down to about 21 by the summer if I manage to shed the extra stone I’m carrying round.

Did my first one this morning - couldn't believe how many people do it at my local one.

363 according to the results and probably a slight underestimate.

Did my first one this morning - couldn't believe how many people do it at my local one.

363 according to the results and probably a slight underestimate.
Slept in this morning and missed the shields one, but just done 6 miles. Slowly but surely building up the miles in my legs and the body fat is starting to come off.

Slept in this morning and missed the shields one, but just done 6 miles. Slowly but surely building up the miles in my legs and the body fat is starting to come off.
Good man.

I've just joined a running club this week and determined to get out 3 or 4 times a week even if only a 5k before or after work. Take off half a stone, cut down on the booze and improve my mood.

Running is great

Good man.

I've just joined a running club this week and determined to get out 3 or 4 times a week even if only a 5k before or after work. Take off half a stone, cut down on the booze and improve my mood.

Running is great

Great loss that, need a stone off by may for the marathon but seem to lose it very slowly these days.

The running is helping me a lot mentally too, had to go back on anxiety pills a few months ago but off them again now for about a month and put it down to more exercise.

Back