Ozturk must not be selected for play off matches.

Whilst I do not agree with the statistic based thread , It didn’t take a lot to see how slow Ozturk was when he first played , I had hoped we would never have to resort to playing him again , in fact I would play any two from Flanagan, Baldwin and Dunne before Ozturk , as average as they are , all three of em are better than him.

The first 45 minutes of the season scared me shitless with Ozturkey and Loovens in CD. It didn't really get a whole lot better when Flanagan, Baldwin and Dunne took over tbf.

His defending is no nonsense which should have been the blue print for the other 3 centrehalfs we've had there this season..

Is "no nonsense" a euphemism for giving the ball back to the opposition?

Last edited:

That is ridiculous.
Any statistic has to be based on all of the information.
He has played 7 games for us and to select one is obviously stupid.
I really hope you are feebly trying to take the piss

You say such ridiculous stuff. No one suggested that!!!

So what has gone wrong in the five games since then
Cattermole.

It's not OZTUKY'S fault ffs it is the fact the system of 2 wide playing C.Backs that leave us wide open to fast forwards and counter attacks, this has been pointed out to JR by a few people but his answer is always the same they will adapt and play to this system, it will work, it did for St Mirren
Well 46 games later it does not work.

He hasn't improved the defence.
I am not just going off stats.
His first game against Charlton had people around me and myself commenting on how slow he is and how big his turning circle was. His only clean sheet was against Doncaster when Sky cameras showed that he committed a stone wall penalty offence which fortunately wasn't seen.
Surely no one can think he has enough pace.
I checked the stats because I see how poor he is. Then discovered the stats backed up my observations

He was brought in towards the end of the season when most of the midfielders in front of him had run out of legs. Not a fair comparison.

That is ridiculous.
Any statistic has to be based on all of the information.
He has played 7 games for us and to select one is obviously stupid.
I really hope you are feebly trying to take the piss

So 7 out of 46 equals 15.22% of matches

1 out of 7 is 14.29% of matches

Looks like your argument regarding taking the piss has come back and smacked you in the face.

Lies and damned statistics eh :rolleyes:

Seven games isn't a representative sample; B-O + Power have been foisted back in at the same time, who have gross records over 20-30 games.

In the 7 matches Ozturk has started this season we have kept 1 clean sheet and collected nine points.
In the games Ozturk has played we have gained 1.29 points per game.
If this had been continued for the whole season we would have gained 59 points and have finished mid table well off the play off places.
Without Ozturk in the starting 11 we have played 39 games and gained 76 points which is significantly better at 1.95 points per game and in that time kept 12 clean sheets. So without Ozturk we are getting a clean sheet every 3.25 games as opposed to 1 in 7.
Without Ozturk we were on course for 89.5 points but with him only 59 points. A massive 30 points difference.
I know people will say it is just statistics but he has started 7 games which is significant.
Also everyone must realise how slow he is and that includes the opposition.
I think while he is in the team we sit deeper because we dare not push up incase we are caught out for speed at the back.
Jack Ross should at least consider what his best centre back pairing is. If he cannot decide from watching then he might as well use the most efficient pairing statistically which is Baldwin and Flanagan despite letting in 5 freak goals against Coventry
#statto
Lies, damn lies, statistics

It's not OZTUKY'S fault ffs it is the fact the system of 2 wide playing C.Backs that leave us wide open to fast forwards and counter attacks, this has been pointed out to JR by a few people but his answer is always the same they will adapt and play to this system, it will work, it did for St Mirren
Well 46 games later it does not work.
Hope it has after 49

He's been no worse than any of the other centre halves recently. Flanagans distribution is absolutely woeful, I don't know how a professional footballer can manage to find touch so many times, he's not even close to hitting his man.

Seven games isn't a representative sample; B-O + Power have been foisted back in at the same time, who have gross records over 20-30 games.
7 games is a reasonable sample but obviously Oviedo and Power provide bigger samples.
As I said earlier which is a point being missed I only looked at the stats because when I watch Ozturk I see a slow defender who always looks on the verge of a big foul and who also looks off the pace by the 80 th minute.
The statistics simply verify what I see.
I haven't looked at Oviedo as when I watch him I do not see a poor player!!!
I mainly go on what I have observed. But I simply wanted to check the stats to see if I was missing something

So 7 out of 46 equals 15.22% of matches

1 out of 7 is 14.29% of matches

Looks like your argument regarding taking the piss has come back and smacked you in the face.

Lies and damned statistics eh :rolleyes:

Last edited:
7 games is a reasonable sample but obviously Oviedo and Power provide bigger samples.
As I said earlier which is a point being missed I only looked at the stats because when I watch Ozturk I see a slow defender who always looks on the verge of a big foul and who also looks off the pace by the 80 th minute.
I mainly go on what I have observed. But I simply wanted to check the stats to see if I was missing something
He's less disabled than Flanagan, so he's worth having for now.

No it hasn't
1 out of 7 is being very selective.
I haven't been selective!
My stats are based on all of his appearances.
It's disappointing to see that you are NOT taking the piss and that you really believe such stupidity.

Back