Ozturk must not be selected for play off matches.

Defending isn't just about centrehalfs it's about the whole team and as a team we have defended woefully..

This. Stop giving the ball away in stupid f***ing places, make sure there's enough movement to give 2 options to the man in possession and work the ball forward with enough bodies to support then you can win it back further up the pitch. Our centre backs have all got a mistake in them so stop playing a game that puts them under constant f***ing pressure! BOOO...

Ozturk is now fitter and slimmer than on his debut, when he was not in good nick. So we can forget that point .
He is clearly more confident on the ball than the other CB s , a rare attribute at the moment, sets the tone for the others.
It would be madness to take him out at this stage .
Anyway , we are going to defend by attacking , the ball wont be in our half that much if we are bombing forward !!!

So just play with 10 men?

Or replace him with that world class CH who is warming our bench? What's his name again... ?

This. Stop giving the ball away in stupid f***ing places, make sure there's enough movement to give 2 options to the man in possession and work the ball forward with enough bodies to support then you can win it back further up the pitch. Our centre backs have all got a mistake in them so stop playing a game that puts them under constant f***ing pressure! BOOO...

This , said it often that it’s our default play when we are poor .

The ball invariably ends up with a CB , and he is given little option but to launch it , whether that’s due to the midfield hiding or not finding space , or no runs beings made further up . It’s far from their fault , they should not be given the responsibility.
Easy said , I know .

Ozturk and Looveens together were too slow. Whilst none of the centrebacks are good, I think Ozturk has got to be in the team for his strength and physicality. For me you can pick the other two from Dunne or Baldwin. At the beginning of the season I honestly think teams gave us to much respect and were happy not to attack too often. I think towards the end of the season it has been more obvious how poor our centrebacks are under pressure and teams have attacked more.

I'd say he must start.
Good reply.
As I always say football is about opinions.
And 20 fans would all pick a different team.
I think he is our 4th best centre back and you think he must start.
Both opinions are valid but massively different.
I just hope Jack Ross who is paid to pick the team eventually gets it correct.
I would go with the least poor option which for me is Flanagan and Baldwin.
If only for the reason that they have played together most often and McLaughlin knows how they work.

Good reply.
As I always say football is about opinions.
And 20 fans would all pick a different team.
I think he is our 4th best centre back and you think he must start.
Both opinions are valid but massively different.
I just hope Jack Ross who is paid to pick the team eventually gets it correct.
I would go with the least poor option which for me is Flanagan and Baldwin.
If only for the reason that they have played together most often and McLaughlin knows how they work.

Earlier in the season I'd have agreed. Flanagan is poor and has lost confidence - that's a bad combination.

Ozturk and Dunne were "okay" v Donny and Peterborough and that's as good as it gets for us defensively.

In the 7 matches Ozturk has started this season we have kept 1 clean sheet and collected nine points.
In the games Ozturk has played we have gained 1.29 points per game.
If this had been continued for the whole season we would have gained 59 points and have finished mid table well off the play off places.
Without Ozturk in the starting 11 we have played 39 games and gained 76 points which is significantly better at 1.95 points per game and in that time kept 12 clean sheets. So without Ozturk we are getting a clean sheet every 3.25 games as opposed to 1 in 7.
Without Ozturk we were on course for 89.5 points but with him only 59 points. A massive 30 points difference.
I know people will say it is just statistics but he has started 7 games which is significant.
Also everyone must realise how slow he is and that includes the opposition.
I think while he is in the team we sit deeper because we dare not push up incase we are caught out for speed at the back.
Jack Ross should at least consider what his best centre back pairing is. If he cannot decide from watching then he might as well use the most efficient pairing statistically which is Baldwin and Flanagan despite letting in 5 freak goals against Coventry
:rolleyes: I couldn’t care less what your stats say, Baldwin and Flanagan shouldn’t be anywhere near the team, never mind playing alongside each other. If they were our best pairing, then our problems run pretty deep.

all our centre backs leave a lot to be desired but if any better had been available they prob would not be waiting for a 3rd div team to sign them up. we have what we have and 3 games to make the most of it

Generally been the best CB in this spell of games he has played in. The fact his partner has changed multiple times can't help things. Going off recent showings and arses dropping out with Flanagan/Baldwin I'd go with Ozturk and Dunne.

He hasn't improved the defence.
I am not just going off stats.
His first game against Charlton had people around me and myself commenting on how slow he is and how big his turning circle was. His only clean sheet was against Doncaster when Sky cameras showed that he committed a stone wall penalty offence which fortunately wasn't seen.
Surely no one can think he has enough pace.
I checked the stats because I see how poor he is. Then discovered the stats backed up my observations
oshea used to do the same holding most times from corners

Ozturk was probably our MOM (McGeady excepted) v Portsmouth. Who is it we play in the play offs again?

Funnily enough I've just looked at player ratings for the games Ozturk has played in. I used Roker Rapport for all games to get a fair reflection, in the 10 games he has featured he has been the 'better' of the 2 CB's on 5 occasions, of those 5, 2 were against Portsmouth.

Generally been the best CB in this spell of games he has played in. The fact his partner has changed multiple times can't help things. Going off recent showings and arses dropping out with Flanagan/Baldwin I'd go with Ozturk and Dunne.

The player ratings for his last 3 games would definitely suggest this.

Funnily enough I've just looked at player ratings for the games Ozturk has played in. I used Roker Rapport for all games to get a fair reflection, in the 10 games he has featured he has been the 'better' of the 2 CB's on 5 occasions, of those 5, 2 were against Portsmouth.

The player ratings for his last 3 games would definitely suggest this.
Yes player ratings vary as much as opinion that is what makes football fascinating.
I think Ozturk is poor from watching not from the statistics and some people want him in the team as first choice cb.
I personally think Portsmouth will want us to play him!!!!

Back