Ozturk must not be selected for play off matches.

In the 7 matches Ozturk has started this season we have kept 1 clean sheet and collected nine points.
In the games Ozturk has played we have gained 1.29 points per game.
If this had been continued for the whole season we would have gained 59 points and have finished mid table well off the play off places.
Without Ozturk in the starting 11 we have played 39 games and gained 76 points which is significantly better at 1.95 points per game and in that time kept 12 clean sheets. So without Ozturk we are getting a clean sheet every 3.25 games as opposed to 1 in 7.
Without Ozturk we were on course for 89.5 points but with him only 59 points. A massive 30 points difference.
I know people will say it is just statistics but he has started 7 games which is significant.
Also everyone must realise how slow he is and that includes the opposition.
I think while he is in the team we sit deeper because we dare not push up incase we are caught out for speed at the back.
Jack Ross should at least consider what his best centre back pairing is. If he cannot decide from watching then he might as well use the most efficient pairing statistically which is Baldwin and Flanagan despite letting in 5 freak goals against Coventry

Do your statistics factor for different level of teams and strikers? What if he's played against the top teams or toughest strikers?

Yet 2 of his best games have been against Portsmouth?
According to some people one of them being the guy whose ratings you agree with.
Just like the stats don't prove anything for certain it is certainly not a categoric fact that he had good games against Portsmouth.
As you see from the thread everyone has different views

He’s an accident waiting to happen . Unfortunately that clanger hasn’t quite happened yet. Let’s hope that continues in the play offs, because I’m fairly sure he’ll start .

It must be a be dull in Cleadon.

He'd be the first centre half on my team sheet. The evidence are my own eyes.
I like that.
I much prefer people to share their opinions based upon watching. However I have watched also and my heart is in my mouth every time he tackles.
That is why it is fascinating.
And probably why Ross can't decide

It must be a be dull in Cleadon.

He'd be the first centre half on my team sheet. The evidence are my own eyes.
It might be dull in Cleadon but it was clear day light when I watched Ozturk play

Last edited:
Funnily enough I've just looked at player ratings for the games Ozturk has played in. I used Roker Rapport for all games to get a fair reflection, in the 10 games he has featured he has been the 'better' of the 2 CB's on 5 occasions, of those 5, 2 were against Portsmouth.

The player ratings for his last 3 games would definitely suggest this.
Is there not a common theme though , he had best CH player ratings in two games v Portsmouth neither of them we won and in our kast 3 games , a draw and two defeats ?

Is there not a common theme though , he had best CH player ratings in two games v Portsmouth neither of them we won and in our kast 3 games , a draw and two defeats ?
Yes exactly
The common theme is while he has played regardless of ratings overall our results are worse.
THAT doesn't prove he is to blame!!
But having watched him I would rather not risk this trend continuing in the next two matches!!!!

Loovens then, anyone?
Ha ha.
Now that would scare me.
I have seen a Loovens Ozturk combination against Charlton and it worried me to bits.
However as we have 30 000 regular fans I wouldn't be surprised if some people would favour that partnership!!!!
I have watched football regularly for 55 years and it always fascinates me how two people watch the same player and one thinks he is great and the other thinks he is crap.
One of my friends thought Ndong was superb yet I called him NDonkey as I thought he was awful.
There is no categoric answer

You are Jack Baldwin's mother and I claim my £5!
More likely to be his father
Ha ha ha

Fair point. I just think against the likes of Vaughan and Hawkins he's a bit more suited, if we were playing the fast forwards from Coventry for example then I'd really worry.

Correlation is not causation.

Simple reality is that none of our defenders have been stellar, but you would expect our attackers to be better quality and to be putting the opposition under the cosh more of the game. The other day Southend had 64% possession against us. That isn't Ozturk's fault, but clearly has a huge impact in L1.

In the end lots of this comes down to us not keeping the ball and creating chances by breaking teams down. The strikers are feeding on scraps half of the time.

In the 7 matches Ozturk has started this season we have kept 1 clean sheet and collected nine points.
In the games Ozturk has played we have gained 1.29 points per game.
If this had been continued for the whole season we would have gained 59 points and have finished mid table well off the play off places.
Without Ozturk in the starting 11 we have played 39 games and gained 76 points which is significantly better at 1.95 points per game and in that time kept 12 clean sheets. So without Ozturk we are getting a clean sheet every 3.25 games as opposed to 1 in 7.
Without Ozturk we were on course for 89.5 points but with him only 59 points. A massive 30 points difference.
I know people will say it is just statistics but he has started 7 games which is significant.
Also everyone must realise how slow he is and that includes the opposition.
I think while he is in the team we sit deeper because we dare not push up incase we are caught out for speed at the back.
Jack Ross should at least consider what his best centre back pairing is. If he cannot decide from watching then he might as well use the most efficient pairing statistically which is Baldwin and Flanagan despite letting in 5 freak goals against Coventry
He was man of the match against Portsmouth on the 27th April :lol::lol:

Back