Owen Jones

High profile journalist gets a politically motivated kicking in a climate where politicians, activists, journalists etc are becoming targets for violence.
Alternatively, he’s said something to a group of bullying arseholes who ganged up on him. Not sure the politically motivated bit can stand up atm or even if they knew who he was

High profile journalist gets a politically motivated kicking in a climate where politicians, activists, journalists etc are becoming targets for violence.
Not sure you can claim it's politically motivated until there's some proof, there's a difference between it being politically motivated and jones claiming it to be. Could just as easily have been pissed up blokes beat up random bloke for no good reason.
I'm sure all will be revealed in good time as there will no doubt CCTV of the incident if it was outside of a pub

I didn’t say I did. @Medulla asked why it was headline news. I gave the narrative that made it headline news.

Clearly this narrative is very upsetting to some on here.

I can see why someone would chin you as well, or me. Doesn’t mean it should be condoned of course.
Most people just bimble through life without attracting that kind of attention though. I’m sure we have all known someone who gets into bother no matter what they are doing. I worked with a lad years ago who just went from one car crash scenario to another. In the space of a week he got knocked off his bike, got slapped off a patient but the best one which still makes me chortle was that he got bitten by a dog whilst cycling. He was going between cars approaching traffic lights and a German Shepard stuck it’s head out of the car that he was passing and bit him. He was/is a nice lad but just fell in shit too often and always came out smelling of shit. When we first started going out drinking there was always 1 that got into bother.

Most people just bimble through life without attracting that kind of attention though. I’m sure we have all known someone who gets into bother no matter what they are doing. I worked with a lad years ago who just went from one car crash scenario to another. In the space of a week he got knocked off his bike, got slapped off a patient but the best one which still makes me chortle was that he got bitten by a dog whilst cycling. He was going between cars approaching traffic lights and a German Shepard stuck it’s head out of the car that he was passing and bit him. He was/is a nice lad but just fell in shit too often and always came out smelling of shit. When we first started going out drinking there was always 1 that got into bother.

Does Jones have this reputation?

Every time I've seen him being interviewed he brings his agenda to the forefront of his argument even when no appropriate. I've seen him walk off a show because he didn't get his way and his soapbox was kicked away. I didn't even know he was gay until after his storming off the tele and to be 100% honest, I just thought he was a nob who just happened to be gay.

If you mean the interview he did after the homophobic shooting in the US, where the Sky presenters were refusing to call it a homophobic shooting, he was well justified to walk out and I would have done exactly the same.

I didn’t say I did. @Medulla asked why it was headline news. I gave the narrative that made it headline news.

Clearly this narrative is very upsetting to some on here.

I can see why someone would chin you as well, or me. Doesn’t mean it should be condoned of course.
I agree, anyone exploiting a scenario to engender hatred in others is on a slippery slope. Extremism is wrong no matter which side of the divide you sit.

He's not really a journalist in any meaningful sense though is he? And high profile...aye, but well that's sort of my quibble here.

These people are just pointless.

Back