Owen Jones

Whether he was attacked or not, I don't know. However, the stance of, "oh well, he's a bellend" is puzzling. Bearing in mind the death sentence has been discussed at length due to various incidents this week, and one punch can kill.

There will no doubt be some crossover of people who want the death sentence for killing people, whilst at the same time thinking violence for no reason is acceptable. What a mystery.

I am not really keen on Owen Jones as a person but I genuinely felt bad for him when I heard this. Amazing how many people think he somehow provoked people into justly beating him up.

2 massive threads on the shocking deaths of 2 innocent men this week, many calls on those threads for a return of the death penalty..... I can't be arsed to cross check but I'll wager some of the same people think it's ok for this lad to get a kicking because he's a bit of a leftie. Weird fuckers
I’ve never said it was ok and I don’t think anyone else has

Massive arsehat of a bloke but shouldn't be getting beat up on a night out with his mates for no reason.
Hopefully there's some CCTV and the coppers can get hold of the wankers who did it

as usual with Twitter, who really knows what happened.

All I know is both left and right Twitter are constantly spoiling for a fight on that platform and take glee from each other getting a pasting or howl with stunned surprise and moral outrage if theyre the ones taking it.

Its like groundhog day with neither self aware enough to notice THEY are the problem

Last edited by a moderator:
@CornishMackem I understand exactly what you are saying.
Replace Owen for Robinson and the narrative of this thread would be different.
Neither deserve to be assaulted when out and about but you can understand why they may get belted.

Unconscious bias. There is not one shred of evidence that this has any political motivation other than Mr Jones stating it. It could quite as easily just been a bunch of pissed up blokes taking a dislike to his smug demeanor!

Back