Our owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

They've put us in a brilliant position imo, if we can get rid of oviedo without having our pants pulled down, and get another 2 signings in for the starting 11 it will be down to JR then to do the rest, and personally I think he will get it right.

Far too early to judge anyone yet. We need to wait and see who else we sign and then how they gel.

Hopefully we’ll hit the ground running and be in the top two and stay there.

Other than a few hours after the opening day last season we were hardly in the top two at all.

They've put us in a brilliant position imo, if we can get rid of oviedo without having our pants pulled down, and get another 2 signings in for the starting 11 it will be down to JR then to do the rest, and personally I think he will get it right.
Hope you are right fella but doubt it !time will tell!but if grigg and wyke are our top two strikers it will be a tough season!

If he does not change it’ll go tits up
Unless we significantly improve the squad i dont think heas faith in them to play more of an attacking game!

Last edited:
Hope you are right fella but doubt it !time will tell!but if grigg and wyke are our top two strikers it will be a tough season!

Unless we significantly improve the squad i dont think heas faith in them to play more of an attacking game!
That’s why we concede the first goal so many times. Teams go at us knowing how negative we are

I think that will be the make or break, I dont think we'll sign another striker so they need to step up.

Brilliant position ? Are we stronger than last January for example .

They’ve also executed a great turn around of the video department

Sand Wear “derby” video online within hours of the match it seems.

Last edited:
You can.

Willis good signing.

Burge awful signing. You had better hope you don't sell your other GK or that he gets injured. Good shot stopper but rarely gets the basics right.
So a young Lee Camp, but with the ability to actually stop the odd shot

I was quite confident until he made Honeyman captain again. Now I’m hoping.
Spot on Marra; shows a lack of ruthlessness in making him captain again, or his ability to put his hand up and admit he got it wrong making him captain last season.

Amazing that based on his performance in games 80% of us wouldn’t even have him on the pitch, yet Ross makes him captain and virtually undroppable .

I couldn’t give a fuck how well he trains, he is ineffective during games, which is where it counts.

Last edited:
You make a fair point, but that does work both ways. It's far too early to start thinking we're doing great business, but equally there have been plenty criticising when it was blatantly too early to criticise as well. I've said throughout, we need to wait until the window shuts and assess it then, especially when we can see how the lads we bring in actually play. Discussing things and voicing concern is obviously fair enough, it is a discussion forum after all, but over the top triumphalism or negativity is uncalled for

Good post imo

So a young Lee Camp, but with the ability to actually stop the odd shot

Spot on Marra; shows a lack of ruthlessness in making him captain again, or his ability to put his hand up and admit he got it wrong making him captain last season.

Amazing that based on his performance in games 80% of us wouldn’t even have him on the pitch, yet Ross makes him captain and virtually undroppable .

I couldn’t give a fuck how well he trains, he is ineffective during games, which is where it counts.

This for me.

JR, the coaches, the players, etc, must be aware of the wave of discontent with Honeyman not only as captain but if he actually warrants a place in the side.

Could’ve made the decision to change it and saved GHs face by saying ‘he wants to concentrate on his game and let someone more experienced lead the side’.
Something along those lines.

Instead we will go into the season with supporters backs up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back