Our owners

He will be gone by december and used as excuse for missing out on top two slot!not the owners fault !Does anybody think he is going to change his defensive approach?

I don't know. But all this talk of his defensive approach ignores we weren't all all defensive early last season when he played what he called a "lop sided 352" - we scored quite freely, but conceded very easily as we overcommitted going forward far too often. He changed from that as we couldn't pull off how he wanted to play as it left us too open so in theory if he got the players to play as he wanted to play he might change.

I think it's more likely a step up in level for him and he had to adapt and we weren't that defensive really till the final bit of the season, however it's questionable if you could play how he wanted at this level. Likely the pressure on him and the team had a bearing on how we ended up playing too. Plus the amount of teams who seemed to raise their game playing against us last year was mental. It maybe seems a bit arrogant and yes it's a cliché, but for some teams it really was like a cup final for them, hopefully that novelty has worn off.

This for me.

JR, the coaches, the players, etc, must be aware of the wave of discontent with Honeyman not only as captain but if he actually warrants a place in the side.

Could’ve made the decision to change it and saved GHs face by saying ‘he wants to concentrate on his game and let someone more experienced lead the side’.
Something along those lines.

Instead we will go into the season with supporters backs up already.
Supporter 'power' should not influence who is the skipper - come on Speedy lad, you are usually sensible.

This for me.

JR, the coaches, the players, etc, must be aware of the wave of discontent with Honeyman not only as captain but if he actually warrants a place in the side.

Could’ve made the decision to change it and saved GHs face by saying ‘he wants to concentrate on his game and let someone more experienced lead the side’.
Something along those lines.

Instead we will go into the season with supporters backs up already.

Completely unrelated mate.
That Avatar just sprinkled some dust in my eyes.
Soft lad and father......brings it all home.
RIP and will never be forgotten x

I don't know. But all this talk of his defensive approach ignores we weren't all all defensive early last season when he played what he called a "lop sided 352" - we scored quite freely, but conceded very easily as we overcommitted going forward far too often. He changed from that as we couldn't pull off how he wanted to play as it left us too open so in theory if he got the players to play as he wanted to play he might change.

I think it's more likely a step up in level for him and he had to adapt and we weren't that defensive really till the final bit of the season, however it's questionable if you could play how he wanted at this level. Likely the pressure on him and the team had a bearing on how we ended up playing too. Plus the amount of teams who seemed to raise their game playing against us last year was mental. It maybe seems a bit arrogant and yes it's a cliché, but for some teams it really was like a cup final for them, hopefully that novelty has worn off.

Good post mate. Let's see how much he's learned from last year and how we are 10 games in.

The first part of the season we had a striker who scored with 75% of his efforts on goal In the second part of the season we had two strikers who for 75% of the time didn't know which way they were facing!So yes i think if Ross has a better set of players who he has faith in he might be more adventurous ..the big if is will He ?My view if we are relying on grigg and wyke it will be difficult for him to change his way of playing as they are hopeless!

To summarize...no plan B?

Been a good preseason so far. High earners away, couple of decent additions for nothing and looks like some of the young lads will get a chance.

An athletic, imposing midfielder and Maddison would be a cracking signing.

We just need the manager to be way more positive which is the nagging doubt.
I think he will be positive this season,but we the fans have got to be ready for some hairy moments at the back.Willis signing will help his speed and ability to cover could be vital

I think he will be positive this season,but we the fans have got to be ready for some hairy moments at the back.Willis signing will help his speed and ability to cover could be vital
Hope so mate. If he has to play 451 we need a proper attacking no 10 otherwise we will be poor to watch and ultimately unsuccessful.

I'm pleased with the signings but I still think they have a small club mentality, fair enough they don't have billions but a club like Sunderland should absolutely be buying our way out of this league, last year was fair enough the club was a mess, and I know league one has rules on wages etc but a club like ours should be spending big on the cream from league one with expenses not an issue.

We could do that by getting that lad from Peterborough imo.

Back