Ordering a New Bike, usually get a Boardman but scheme doesn't do Halfords

looking at the Pinnacle Neon 5, anyone got any experience of these?
I got a pinnacle touring bike over a year and a half ago, six or seven spokes on the back wheel broke after about three months so I had to have them all replaced. Not expensive but a pain in the arse still.
For balance though, there has been no other issue and the Schwalbe tyres it came with haven't had one puncture and I have done well over 5k miles on it.

Don’t forget to buy a good quality lock anarl cat !

@CatRyan
I have loads of motorbike locks for locking up at home and a gold level kryptonite chain for out and about

I forgot to put the lock on it the other week, my fault, was there for days
What will you be using it for? My missus runs an evans store. I’ll ask her
I've gone with a local shop custom build, but thank you x

I have loads of motorbike locks for locking up at home and a gold level kryptonite chain for out and about

I forgot to put the lock on it the other week, my fault, was there for days

I've gone with a local shop custom build, but thank you x
Probably for the best. Anything associated with Frasers Group is usually dump

i think you've dodged a bullet by not going to Evans

cheapest Pinnacle roadbike - £400 with a Shimano 7 speed groupset

cheapest Pinnacle gravelbike - £800 with a Shimano 8 speed groupset

have they dug them out of a parts bin labeled 2008

Wife looking for a new “ best bike” but so many places have little or no stock...Canyon forget it and the other online sites not much better.

Wife looking for a new “ best bike” but so many places have little or no stock...Canyon forget it and the other online sites not much better.
there is a bad shortage of parts too, that's also why for my custom build I just told them to crack on with the best they could get that would work together and they trusted etc

there is a bad shortage of parts too, that's also why for my custom build I just told them to crack on with the best they could get that would work together and they trusted etc
Yep...was in Cycleworld the other day chatting to Steve and apart from huge delays in getting parts/components he was saying due to various changes the Shimano rep advised costs are going up by “up to” 100% :eek:

My ”best” bike was a custom build, great fun I had in sourcing everything I wanted, from frame to groupset, took it into the shop and they put it all together. Not always the case but save a good £1500 or so this way.
Would be a fanny on now with delays and trouble in ordering stuff mind.

Yep...was in Cycleworld the other day chatting to Steve and apart from huge delays in getting parts/components he was saying due to various changes the Shimano rep advised costs are going up by “up to” 100% :eek:

My ”best” bike was a custom build, great fun I had in sourcing everything I wanted, from frame to groupset, took it into the shop and they put it all together. Not always the case but save a good £1500 or so this way.
Would be a fanny on now with delays and trouble in ordering stuff mind.
I’ve just come out of Cycleworld..asked who Steve was after reading your post but he’d just left..got served by Paul..topper lad very knowledgeable..picking me bike up tomorrow..when i was in on Saturday they were saying that the shortages is unreal like..the first bike I liked wouldn’t be available in my frame size till September..the one I’ve bought came in today and there’ll not be another one for weeks.

I’ve just come out of Cycleworld..asked who Steve was after reading your post but he’d just left..got served by Paul..topper lad very knowledgeable..picking me bike up tomorrow..when i was in on Saturday they were saying that the shortages is unreal like..the first bike I liked wouldn’t be available in my frame size till September..the one I’ve bought came in today and there’ll not be another one for weeks.
Steve's day off on Monday....popping in tomorrow as a DI2 problem on wife's bike.

Paul ( Rocka) would normally spend time getting you to take up Triathlons...sounds like you've had a close shave

Last edited:
I was bike shopping earlier in year and model I wanted were due 2022 at earliest.

Pinnacle were highly thought of (or at least until SD took over Evans).

I've got an Arkose 2 2015 which has served me well - gravel bike with a 1x10 and hydraulics before they were more common place.

The cycle schemes and bike availability are a bit of a mess at the minute though. Halfords seems to get more bikes in stock but CycleScheme as a supplier won't trade with them.

I tried my LBS but they weren't interested in helping, think the exact words were 'there's no point in me going out of my way to secure a bike for you, when I'll lose 10% to Cyclescheme'. In the end, had to go to the main Giant dealer in Prudhoe. Took 7 months end to end, and by that point, they weren't particularly enthusiastic about taking the vouchers either. That's despite me reserving at £650 and the price going up to £730 in the meantime...

Steve's day off on Monday....popping in tomorrow as a DI2 problem on wife's bike.

Paul ( Rocka) would normally spend time getting you to take up Triathlons...sounds like you've had a close shave
I've known him 35+ years, ex sunderland shipbuilders then coles cranes. Cracking lad.
I was in looking for a jacket a couple of weeks ago, he was honest that the had no stock and recommended other shops to look at.

I've known him 35+ years, ex sunderland shipbuilders then coles cranes. Cracking lad.
I was in looking for a jacket a couple of weeks ago, he was honest that the had no stock and recommended other shops to look at.
I might know him..i was Sunderland Shipbuilders 1980-1989…I know loads of Coles lads anarl.

I had a great bit of crack with the Cycleworld lads when looking for my daughters bike a few month back, he was straight up and said if you find something just buy it. Got her a Specialized Jett 20 through Infinity in Durham. I then bought myself an Orange Clockwork Evo a few weeks back from Start Fitness and it was delivered in a couple of weeks.

CW basically said they get told what stock they can have at present. Little choice or say in it. All the big boys are hoovering up lots of it.

Start we’re decent to deal with mind and seemed to be able to secure stock.

Back