Ordering a New Bike, usually get a Boardman but scheme doesn't do Halfords

I had a great bit of crack with the Cycleworld lads when looking for my daughters bike a few month back, he was straight up and said if you find something just buy it. Got her a Specialized Jett 20 through Infinity in Durham. I then bought myself an Orange Clockwork Evo a few weeks back from Start Fitness and it was delivered in a couple of weeks.

CW basically said they get told what stock they can have at present. Little choice or say in it. All the big boys are hoovering up lots of it.

Start we’re decent to deal with mind and seemed to be able to secure stock.
As i posted earlier..CW didn’t have the frame size of the one I wanted..they looked on the computer for Hybrid bikes in my frame size and price range and it was literally..September for that one..October for that one..that was the bikes coming into the country..i was lucky with the one I got today.

As i posted earlier..CW didn’t have the frame size of the one I wanted..they looked on the computer for Hybrid bikes in my frame size and price range and it was literally..September for that one..October for that one..that was the bikes coming into the country..i was lucky with the one I got today.
Aye, if you “need” something it’s likely going to be a compromise. Thankfully they’re stacked out with repair work so still got money coming in.

I haven’t had a bike since i was 15..I’m 57 in 3 weeks..tomorrow morning I’m picking my new one up..I’ve just retired and need to get out and about a bit more..bit nervous about it actually..😅
Your local council should provide you with some getting road safe lessons for a nominal fee

I haven’t had a bike since i was 15..I’m 57 in 3 weeks..tomorrow morning I’m picking my new one up..I’ve just retired and need to get out and about a bit more..bit nervous about it actually..😅
You'll be reet, I could get on a bike tomorrow-we never lose the skill but we can certainly be a tad rusty xx hope you enjoy it, gan canny and let us know how you get on :D, maybe even pics ?

You'll be reet, I could get on a bike tomorrow-we never lose the skill but we can certainly be a tad rusty xx hope you enjoy it, gan canny and let us know how you get on :D, maybe even pics ?
Can i suggest you and the bain go somewhere where you can hire a bike even if it's only for an hour.
Get somewhere safe (on grass perhaps) and see how much you and the bairn enjoy it.
After that the worlds yer lobster. 😁

Anyone who gets a new bike I would recommend (unless it's specifically a road bike) to avoid roads and stick to cycle paths and bridleways etc. In Sunderland you can use the c2c route following the river. It's a much nicer experience for anyone trying to get back into cycling. Sustrans produce decent paid for cycling maps but there is also a lot of information out there freely on cycling community sites and cycling route map sites.

Anyone who gets a new bike I would recommend (unless it's specifically a road bike) to avoid roads and stick to cycle paths and bridleways etc. In Sunderland you can use the c2c route following the river. It's a much nicer experience for anyone trying to get back into cycling. Sustrans produce decent paid for cycling maps but there is also a lot of information out there freely on cycling community sites and cycling route map sites.
Cycle World handed me a pamphlet yesterday with all the best local cycle routes on it..I’ll pick their brains when I go over this morning.

Google maps has a cycle option and shows elevation and that and various routes for speed, safety etc

Never rode a bike since some smack rat called me a fat ****, totally killed my self confidence and that was about 15 years ago.
That’s pretty shit that. I’m trying to shift some timber and when I go running I get the odd weird glance from the die hards built like pencils.

It’s a shame cos cycling is brilliant. Class for unpacking a load of stress. Hope you get back into it one day

That’s pretty shit that. I’m trying to shift some timber and when I go running I get the odd weird glance from the die hards built like pencils.

It’s a shame cos cycling is brilliant. Class for unpacking a load of stress. Hope you get back into it one day
It's essential to me and cycling in London is far from pleasant but better than public transport.

I'd love to have access to some of the beautiful routes you lot have up there.

It's essential to me and cycling in London is far from pleasant but better than public transport.

I'd love to have access to some of the beautiful routes you lot have up there.
I’m in London too.

Cycling during the first lockdown was class. The city was empty so got to ride right through it and see loads of stuff that’s usually lost in the humdrum.

Soon switched to running though when it became busy again

just popped down to my LBS and they wanted me to try a prototype bike thing to see how it felt

I'm pretty easy going and understood that I may as well go with it as the struggle to source parts is real at the moment and I don't have a scooby anyway, so we decided this would be the beginning of a relationship where I need to do some learning on my end and they will do communicating on their end as we customise this bike up and move forward

it has a belt instead of a chain and the gears are all in a hub inside the rear wheel axle thing, which is perfect for London where you leave your bike outside alot

I'm getting the gears changed to flippers instead of the twisty bollocks it has at the moment, it is canny heavy and solid but really narrow handle bars, seems perfect for London

That’s assuming they’ll get their delivery on time as well.

Good lads in CW

Wait till you meet happy Steve the mechanic.😉

That’s assuming they’ll get their delivery on time as well.

Good lads in CW

Wait till you meet happy Steve the mechanic.😉
I’ve literally just got back after being out on mine..aye mate the CW lads were spot on..Paul who served me was topper..very informative..explained everything real easy..got to go back 3 times in the next 6 months where they give the bike a check over..after being bit of an online shopper lately I’d forgotten what good hands on customer service felt like.

Back