NUFC thread 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a keen polo player in his youth and then carriage driving and shooting in later life I think that it's very unlikely that Prince Phillip had any interest in Association Football at all.

They both are only too willing to chuck their principles out of the window to pander to their audience.

Always thought caulkin was very good when writing for the times, but now he may as well just be writing for the Mag. And his total lack of interest in us as we plummeted through the leagues also spoke volumes.
I won't lie I really enjoyed Caulkin's work with the Times. Had a really flowing style and wrote quite poeticly.

I noticed when he went to the Athletic he leaned quite hard into his fandom, and I think got swept up in the Takeover bollocks - his crack about Cans was a particular low point. I think he left the whole thing thoroughly embarrassed and I've noticed a retreat since.

That said the podcast he does is a tough listen.
I told you all about your takeover. Brace yourselves, that's all I'll say.
I can't tell if this is good news or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
No issue on my side tbh mate. I felt it was highly odd for local politicians to get involved. While I found their position questionable, their argument for it was even weirder. Had they trot out the line about just being pro-local investment I'd sort of get it as a cheap ploy for votes, but to make out like the club deservess this is total bollocks.

We deserve a new owner, but that does not mean we should bow to a nation state buying us.
Deserve?

Listen to that and maybe realise why supporters of other teams laugh at you.

Reactions: DH4
Poocastle

Dubravka, Clark, Fernandez, Dummett, Ritchie, Longstaff, Shelvey, Murphy, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Joelinton.

Subs: Gillespie, Carroll, Gayle, Wilson, Lewis, Hendrick, Krafth, Manquillo, Willock.

WEST HAM

Fabianski, Coufal, Dawson, Ogbonna, Diop, Johnson, Noble, Soucek, Fornals, Lingard, Bowen.

Subs: Martin, Trott, Balbuena, Yarmolenko, Benrahma, Lanzini, Alves, Fredericks, Coventry.

Newcastle arent winning through any work of their own. West Ham gifted them a red and 2 goals. A serious of events have put them 2-0 up. For all the good work he's done this year, its a stark reminder West Ham still have David Moyes in charge.

Newcastle arent winning through any work of their own. West Ham gifted them a red and 2 goals. A serious of events have put them 2-0 up. For all the good work he's done this year, its a stark reminder West Ham still have David Moyes in charge.

I mean, that's utterly biased bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back