NUFC thread 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio Newcastle today.

The Duchess of Northumberland, who is friends with a famous no 9, said she had a funny story about the Duke of Edinburgh that demonstrated his quick wit.

Apparently when he visited Alnwick Gardens (which she said she built - not sure if she meant personally) the Duchess was showing him around the walled garden and he told her he kept pony's in one of his walled garden's.

Laugh? I nearly laughed my head off, such wit.

Radio Newcastle today.

The Duchess of Northumberland, who is friends with a famous no 9, said she had a funny story about the Duke of Edinburgh that demonstrated his quick wit.

Apparently when he visited Alnwick Gardens (which she said she built - not sure if she meant personally) the Duchess was showing him around the walled garden and he told her he kept pony's in one of his walled garden's.

Laugh? I nearly laughed my head off, such wit.
And furniture in the other

hahahaha
The interviewer laughed a horsey laugh and said oh your grace

And furniture in the other

hahahaha
The interviewer laughed a horsey laugh and said oh your grace
So it was true? I thought I might have dreamt it. :)

The 'I built Alnwick Gardens' bit did genuinely make me laugh though. Surprisingly didnt mention all the grants and help she got.

We have truly lost a character. Who would keep ponies and furniture in one's walled garden - what a wit.

God bless the royal family where would we be without them.

So it was true? I thought I might have dreamt it. :)

The 'I built Alnwick Gardens' bit did genuinely make me laugh though. Surprisingly didnt mention all the grants and help she got.

We have truly lost a character. Who would keep ponies and furniture in one's walled garden - what a wit.

God bless the royal family where would we be without them.
I noticed the when I built Alnwick gardens bit too
Do they keep the entrance money they take

Abysmal programme. For 30 odd years of what i can remember in my lifetime it's been a Newcastle show. Why they've never refreshed the lineup is beyond me.

They both are only too willing to chuck their principles out of the window to pander to their audience.

Always thought caulkin was very good when writing for the times, but now he may as well just be writing for the Mag. And his total lack of interest in us as we plummeted through the leagues also spoke volumes.

Tbf he's wrote several pieces about Sunderland on The Athletic, he's there as Newcastle correspondent but between him and Michael Walker they've wrote far more on there than any other league one team gets. The Athletic's model is to have at least one correspondent for every premier league club and most championship clubs. League one is not in their coverage because with a subscription based model its not cost effective to employ somebody to cover a league one team when they won't make the money back.
Obviously I understand Sunderland are much bigger than other league one teams, which is why they've had some coverage through there via Caulkin and others but covering Sunderland isn't Caulkin's job now so I'm not sure why you'd be annoyed at him not writing about Sunderland, or if he did write about Sunderland what difference it would make either way

Tbf he's wrote several pieces about Sunderland on The Athletic, he's there as Newcastle correspondent but between him and Michael Walker they've wrote far more on there than any other league one team gets. The Athletic's model is to have at least one correspondent for every premier league club and most championship clubs. League one is not in their coverage because with a subscription based model its not cost effective to employ somebody to cover a league one team when they won't make the money back.
Obviously I understand Sunderland are much bigger than other league one teams, which is why they've had some coverage through there via Caulkin and others but covering Sunderland isn't Caulkin's job now so I'm not sure why you'd be annoyed at him not writing about Sunderland, or if he did write about Sunderland what difference it would make either way
Evening George

Tbf when he got the job at the Athletic he appeared on a Sunderland podcast saying one of the reasons for taking the job was so he could cover Sunderland more. Complete lie. Not sure he's written once about us over the past 12 months. Seen one article on us from him in his time there.

He was completely silent when things were going really south with us. Yet likes to claim he cares. Of course he doesn't. The bloke has been shown up the past 12 - 18 months. The likes of Craig hope, who doesn't try and pander to his readers, has done significantly more than caulkin did to highlight what was going on at our club.

And we're a club that averages 30k in league 1. The readership is there.
Hi. Would you like me to write an article to help you get promoted?
No. But would have been nice if you'd written something when the club was being asset stripped.

Last edited:
Literally makes no sense but I bet you were pissing yourself typing it you gravy stained idiot

It makes sense in reference to my reply to the other poster (which you replied to) who was moaning about Caulkin not writing about Sunderland (even though he does). As if him writing about Sunderland will make any difference to Sunderland's fortunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back