NUFC thread 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it Inter Milan fans weren’t keen at being owned by such a vile murderous regime at first but once they heard about the investment in the region they were sold.
Despicable behaviour. How could anyone so easily lose their moral compass at the sniff of money dripping with blood. Next thing you know they’ll be getting their local politicians involved.

Benitez
2017/18 played 32 points 38
2018/19 played 32 points 35

Bruce
2019/20 played 32 points 42
2020/21 played 32 points 35

No doubt they were better this year than last, but it's interesting that only one of the two managers has faced an entire season of calls for him to be sacked.

Benitez

Bruce

No doubt they were better this year than last, but it's interesting that only one of the two managers has faced an entire season of calls for him to be sacked.
Apologies, better last year than this.

Benitez

Bruce

Steve Bruce is probably statistically the best manager you have had in my life time - want him back?

Straw man argument :lol:

Care to comment on the comparison I've actually made? Must be fine margins like as one gets hammered by you lot while the other has god like status.

I didn't rate Rafa so it's irrelevant to me mate. My point, was if Bruce is that good, would you want him managing you in the Prem?

I didn't rate Rafa so it's irrelevant to me mate. My point, was if Bruce is that good, would you want him managing you in the Prem?
My point was very much the difference between the treatment of each by your fellow supporters. If that's not you fair enough, but why say it's irrelevant to you whilst commenting on it? Maybe some of the others can shed some light on it?

Bruce done a hell of a job considering injuries too key players to think there fans have been giving him and his family death threats is just typical toon

My point was very much the difference between the treatment of each by your fellow supporters. If that's not you fair enough, but why say it's irrelevant to you whilst commenting on it? Maybe some of the others can shed some light on it?

Because you are trying to make it seem like Bruce isn't shit, he is. I do agree with what you have said about Rafa though, he was also shit.

Because you are trying to make it seem like Bruce isn't shit, he is. I do agree with what you have said about Rafa though, he was also shit.
Nope. I'm saying their records are comparable (and average) yet one is subject to constant abuse and the other is some sort of "toon legend" for the vast majority of your fans. That was my point, you're now trying to turn the discussion into something else though.

Nope. I'm saying their records are comparable (and average) yet one is subject to constant abuse and the other is some sort of "toon legend" for the vast majority of your fans. That was my point, you're now trying to turn the discussion into something else though.

Difference being, he took over a team that had no confidence and was relegated, got then promoted and then started to build. Like I said, the performances under Rafa were shite but it's an unfair comparison.

Flip side. Loads of mags said we shouldn’t have sacked him despite his horrendous form at the time. Would you keep him now or get rid?

Bruce? I never wanted him. He's not good enough to manage anyone and I'd happily replace him as manager with literally any of the other current PL managers.

Difference being, he took over a team that had no confidence and was relegated, got then promoted and then started to build. Like I said, the performances under Rafa were shite but it's an unfair comparison.
Their records are suitably comparable to make the huge difference in the way they are treated by your fans open to question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back